Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesofbabylon View Post
Thanks for this. Unfortunately var directory is not visible to me, which hack enables me to access var? I've only installed the three hacks I mentioned in my thread after I jailbroke.
That USBnetworking package you added is the one that will allow you to use ssh clients.
Try it's readme and/or thread for directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
How do I set up a static IP address in Mac OS X v10.4?

Important:
To complete these instructions, you must log on to your computer with an account with computer administrator privileges.

Quote:
To set up your static IP address:
From the Apple drop-down list, select System Preferences....
Click the Network icon.
Select Built-in Ethernet.
Click the Configure... button.
Select the TCP/IP tab.

From the Configure IPv4: drop-down list, select Manually.
In the IP Address: text box, type your IP address.
In the Subnet Mask: text box, type your subnet mask.
In the Router: text box, type your default gateway.

Set your DNS Server search order.

In the DNS Servers: text box, type your local router ip
Press the return key.
Click the Apply Now button.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
jforner
jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Try this guide guys - this is how I got to the screensaver location:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201572
jforner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Faxsimiles
Faxsimiles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW (Waterstones)
Idiots' guide needed to jailbreak Waterstones Kindle PW

I have been following the threads about overwriting the Waterstones screensaver on their version of the Kindle PW, and am keen to replace their insipid ribbon with the original Amazon typewriter and pencils icons.

However, although I love the toys, I am hopeless at the underpinning tech, and would really welcome a Dummies, step-by-step guide to doing the task. Can anyone assist?

Many thanks; if you need a different email to save bothering all the good readers on this site, let me know...
Faxsimiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #20
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Spoiler:
I installed USBnet... and now I'm able to successfly navigate to my Kindle's rootfs...

I have a Paperwhite, no-ads, and not waterstoned...

The screensaver files are stored where? Can someone clarify me on this one?

just solved the "spoiled" question:

/usr/share/blanket/screensaver/

Last edited by arthurdapaz; 05-09-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Solved!
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert