Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Thumbs down Beta 2.0.3 firmware 902 problems

I have installed the beta firmware from the forum, all went well, and there are some rather nice bonuses when using this, the RSS reader is
The show stopper is alas that he now 'forgets' the place in the last read book, it will open the correct book just always on page 1
Kinda funny/confusing if you have as boot img 'last read book' it will show the correct page (think it is a screen shot) and then just when you are happily reading jump back to page 1.. Sigh

Such a shame, hope Pocketbook will fix this soonish, it is a pain when you have many unread books and keep trying to find where the hack you where in the book

Before you ask Yes, i have already done a 'clean slate' and opened diverse books, same problem persists.
Any other suggestions would be VERY welcome!
Maybe even a suggestion at how to get back to previous version, since i rather loose the RSS app and keep my place in the books i read?
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
The strange and confusing part is that my 902(and 602) would not remember the last page on the 2.0.2 firmware but has every time since i changed to the 2.0.3 new firmware.

But let me ask- are you turning it off or letting it turn off automatically? Im not sure because I cant test it now but it might be that it(and the 602) didnt start remembering until I let the device turn it self off.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did remember when i turned it off in 2.0.2, and lost that ability immediately after the update I have not tested it with the auto turn-off, i will, and report back
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
its so strange why should it be exactly oppposite for us?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
JoanD
JoanD began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle DX, Irex dr800sg, PB902
Would somebody please supply the link to the beta 2.0.3 firmware for 902?

Thanks
JoanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Airsou
Airsou doesn't litterAirsou doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360 in Repair & New Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD View Post
Would somebody please supply the link to the beta 2.0.3 firmware for 902?

Thanks
I had the same problem to find it here, but OphReader brought me to this... Thanks to him ones again.

Here are the download link:
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...ketBook902.zip
--https://www.mobileread.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=165309

And here the original thread from the german section (also for the 602 with adownload link):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=109726&page=3

My question to the admins : Can we make firmware threads to each model of pocketbook sticky, with download link of all working and beta firmwares at the first page ?
Airsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Airsou
Airsou doesn't litterAirsou doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360 in Repair & New Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
It did remember when i turned it off in 2.0.2, and lost that ability immediately after the update I have not tested it with the auto turn-off, i will, and report back
On my 902 (version 2.0.3) i have no problems with opening the right last page but using the fbreader for non drm-epub

By the way as in the german thread (link above) there Forosigan metioned that it will be today in the evening an Update available. ...
Airsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Roos
Groupie

Letting it auto-shutdown also results in opening at page 1
I have tried it with several books to make sure it is not related to the book i was reading. Every time the same behaviour.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Strange... I tried it with pdf, txt, rtf, htm. And every time opened on the right last page. But i have similar problem with taking notes and opening them. When i try to open a note, it always opens the book on the first page.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
JoanD
JoanD began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle DX, Irex dr800sg, PB902
Thanks for the link to the firmware, now can somebody please tell me how to install the upgrade? I found instructions for the 360, but not the 902.
JoanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
The 2.0.3 firmware (not betta) will be available soon for download on the PocketBook websites under Support section. Meanwhile it can be downloaded from the links below:

PocketBook 602
CSI Version
European Version
USA Version

PocketBook 902
CSI Version
European Version
USA Version

Release Notes
Implemented:
1. The ability to download protected (DRM) books online is added.
2. Drastically improved the speed of turning over the pages in FB Reader. The ability to select the update of reading mode: "High Quality Display" or "High-speed paging” is added to configurations of FB Reader. The default configuration is "High-speed paging”.
3. Changed and speed up the process of dictionary work in books.
4. Improved the speed of turning over the pages in PDF Reader.
5. The appearance of the bookshelf display is added to the library:
- List;
- Thumbnails;
- Details.
6. The emulation of keys in the BookLand browser (Library > BookLand tab) is implemented:

a. After pressing the button “Paging" - there is a cyclic shift to the page “forward”.
b. After pressing the button “Paging" - there is a cyclic shift to the page “before”.
c. After pressing buttons “Up” and “Right” – there is a shift to the next element of the page.
d. After pressing buttons “Down” and “Left” – there is a shift to the previous element of the page.
7. Added application webbrowser (Main Menu > Applications > webbrowser)
8. The mechanism of PDA inquiry versions of the site for mobile devices (if supported by server).

Fixed:
1. The webbrowser did not run after creating a bookmark in it.
2. The indicator of device network activity displayed incorrectly
3. The device was not determined in the “Ubuntu” operating system.
4. The device and SD card were not determined on some computers, as two removable disk drives.
5. The play mode interrupts when the power cord is disconnected.
6. The battery indicator did not display correctly.
7. While editing a large note, the program implemented the emergency exit to the main menu.
8. The bookmarks in FB Reader may not be deleted without updating the screen.
9. When you renamed / moved the book, the massage appeared: "Error of the file renaming" / "Error of the file moving".
10. Exit the application "Soliter/Kosinka" previously was performed to the "Library".
11. The action of the pressing buttons sometimes worked without pressing them.
12. The cursor was not on the last opened section after returning to the main menu.
13. The settings of "User Profiles" could not be saved.
14. When you delete profile that was created on the SD card, there was error message, the profile could not be deleted.
15. The music played after disconnecting the USB cable, in playback mode.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD View Post
Thanks for the link to the firmware, now can somebody please tell me how to install the upgrade? I found instructions for the 360, but not the 902.
The instructions are written inside the User Manual.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
Roos
Groupie

I have finally fixed the page 1 problem, 'format main memory' did it.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
bonkema1
bonkema1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
After updating the firmware of the 902 I cannot find a way to access the net... Can access however the Bookland site but I would like to vist other websites as well. Is this possible?
bonkema1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #15
Seattleman
Seattleman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
What is the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
The 2.0.3 firmware (not betta) will be available soon for download on the PocketBook websites under Support section. Meanwhile it can be downloaded from the links below:

PocketBook 602
CSI Version
European Version
USA Version
What is the difference between European version and USA version?
Seattleman is offline   Reply With Quote