Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I do not want to wonder what Geoff is wearing when he posts. I don't want to see what he's wearing when he posts. I don't want to know what he's wearing when he posts. Or what he isn't wearing, which is why I worry.

recluse, your .sig is ... um ... how do I put this politely? Oh, I give up. But if people are responding incoherently to you, that .sig (specifically in dimensions, spacing, and especially color) could be responsible.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I am currently wearing browns and blues, is that okay ?
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
recluse, your .sig is ... um ... how do I put this politely? Oh, I give up. But if people are responding incoherently to you, that .sig (specifically in dimensions, spacing, and especially color) could be responsible.
Since the dimensions and spacing were redesigned by dreams, you owe the lady an apology. Now.

As for the color, what color?
I see black and grey.
Whatever you're seeing is your problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I am currently wearing browns and blues, is that okay ?
Just so long as you're wearing.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #20
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i call it ageing :chuckle:
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #21
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I got a great card for my recent birthday:

"Now he was in his 50s he found himself inexplicably drawn to an ad for a pair of beige slacks with matching beige cardigan and shirt from World of Beige".

Graham
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
just out of curiosity... has anyone actually contacted the person who posts in green about this?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
just out of curiosity... has anyone actually contacted the person who posts in green about this?
I would doubt it....they are still using it......and I'm sure had anything been said they would have happily changed.....
Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #24
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't remember if it was this board or not, but a while back I threw a PM fit at someone who posted in pale green, in a smallish point size, in bold, italic MS Comic Sans. (hopefully not here; I'd like to think MobileReaders have better taste than that!) The posts changed to something more readable.

There's no need for that kind of self-aggrandizement. I ramble on way too long (I'm trying to cut it down, honest!) but I like to think I'm saying something worth reading. I've never felt the need to make my formatting "special"; if there's specialness to be had, I trust my words to do that. As a result, I'm profoundly suspicious of anyone who uses things other than their words to try to make their post stand out and gain unearned attention.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ok, well, just because I am the bull in the china shop sort, and the mods all seem to have copped a passive agressive sort of deal, I guess I shall go where no MR has gone before...
Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #26
GeoffC

Oooh I love a mystery ....
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Regarding someone else posting in green, we have taken note. And I agree, it could be misleading. So far common sense worked fine that nobody would use the green for normal posts, but we haven't explicitly said that the green is off-limits, or we might just as well remove it from the list of available colors.

As someone who is not a fan of too many rules and restrictions, I think common sense will prevail and this won't be a big issue. Of course, if everyone started posting in green now (please don't... ), then we would have to reconsider.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #28
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'ed just like to jump in and say that I'm apparently the self aggrandizing poster Worldwalker is whining about.

And since he is one of those people who complains about my words even without the signature, I suggest he avoid me.
I'm not here to make him happy.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #29
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I'ed just like to jump in and say that I'm apparently the self aggrandizing poster Worldwalker is whining about.

And since he is one of those people who complains about my words even without the signature, I suggest he avoid me.
I'm not here to make him happy.
Nope, this time I don't think you're the guilty party.

At least, you are not the party that I was referring to when I started this thread. There IS a member, though, who always posts in green, and his (her?) posts always make me think somebody is getting yelled at!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #30
recluse
Banned

Actually, Worldwalker attacked my signature specifically earlier in this thread.
And has yet to apologize.
You'll find that when I am serious, I'm usually right. 99.9% of the time.
Closed Thread