Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Multiple Calibre libraries, same books, some DRM'd some clean

Okay, this one is a tad complex.

I have a laprop with (currently) Win 8.1, Mint 15 and just adding Mint 17.

I have a Calibre instance for each OS, though I haven't started the Mint 17 iteration for the first time yet. Because I want to get things organized and such.

I have problems getting the (Kindle) DRM removal working from within Mint 15, so I usually just jump into Win to download the book and strip the DRM for transfer to my devices.

So at this point, I have two separate Calibre Libraries, one WIndows, one Linux; many of the same books in each, but some of those books are DRM free, and others are locked.

Is there a way to merge these two libraries, save the DRM freed books and lose the locked ones so I can import the new library into the Mint 17 iteration, or should I start from scratch?
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Mixing different OS Libraries is trouble
2 versions of Mint should be able to use the Same library.
You probably can just copy the configuration folder to the other Mint, Then use the Create/Switch: use existing to adjust the path to the library (assumes proper rights)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, so maybe I will have better luck getting dem removal to work in the new install and I won't have to resort to Win at all.

Or... can I import a book from the Windows library?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Okay, so maybe I will have better luck getting dem removal to work in the new install and I won't have to resort to Win at all.

Or... can I import a book from the Windows library?
Personally, I would 'Save to Disc' to a folder , then do the 'Add books route rather than try and read the windows Library (pathname case issues for one).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Personally, I would 'Save to Disc' to a folder , then do the 'Add books route rather than try and read the windows Library (pathname case issues for one).
There is no pathname case issue when importing from a library any more than doing the same import from a Saved-to-disk...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you export the key for K4PC you can import it into the plugin configuration on Mint. Then download books on Windows, switch to Mint, import from My Kindle Content on your Windows partition, and the keyinfo will decrypt it.

That way, you can handle everything from one OS.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
Dngrsone
Almost legible

That's what I need! How do I export the key?

Nevermind, I found it in the plugin setup.

Last edited by Dngrsone; 08-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.