Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 11-23-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
PDA-friendly list of streaming radio sites

It's now a mainstream activity to listen to streaming radio stations. Not only can you listen on connected laptops, and on many specialty gadgets, but with applications like Pocket Tunes they are available to pda users with wifi or wireless network connections.

At the Mobile Stream Center you'll find "a slimmed down version of The Stream Center for your Pocket PC, Palm, or other Handheld PDA. Here, you will find all your favourite US radio stations webcasting on RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, Streaming mp3 and Other formats listed by US state."

You can also search for stations by either station name or callsign.

One downside I've noticed about streaming radio, however... if you have a favorite sports team you're hoping to follow, you may find the game coverage blocked out on the streaming feed due to contractual obligations.

(via PocketPCThoughts)
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I haven't listened to streaming radio for years... 1997 was the last time I tried it out... wow that _has_ been a while! I think I'll give it a try again (now to see if the firewall at work blocks it )
Advert
Old 11-23-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
For those who are Comcast cable internet subscribers, you may not realize it, but you probably have free Rhapsody streaming radio for your desktop as part of your service. It requires their client to be installed, but it's nice and may be compatible with streaming media receivers using the PC as the server (it works with my omni-whateveritscalled unit and I stream to my stereo remotely and control stations from my living room). I really like Rhapsody radio, and there's really some fantastic stations available with just the kinds of music you like. Much better than regular radio. And you can even create custom stations on it.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
I'm a fan and listen to streaming music on itunes all the time. Found some radio stations from Eastern Europe where my wife is from. Two great sites are http://www.mikesradioworld.com/ and http://www.tvradioworld.com/ .