Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
cardgone
cardgone began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Locating allbooks not in epub format

I have a hug ebook collection, but now that i have an iPad I want to find only the books that are not already in epub format so I can convert them. Is there a way to use the query engine to find all books missing the epub format?

I can only find a way to find books in a particular format, not missing one....
cardgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm not sure how to do a query for this, but you can set up column colouring (under Look and Feel in Preferences).

I wanted to keep track of which books were not yet converted to mobi, so I set the color of title to firebrick if the following conditions are met: if the formats column does not have value: mobi. At a glance I can see which books don't have a mobi version.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardgone View Post
Is there a way to use the query engine to find all books missing the epub format?
Try:
Code:
not format:epub
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The simple way:
Use the Tag browser.
click (usually 2 clicks) the format you DON'T want to see until there is a Red Minus
hold down the ctrl key and repeat on additional formats/series/authors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote