Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Page turns

Is there a trick to get the Kobo Touch to recognize that I tapped the screen?

It's ignoring well over half my attempts to turn the page and I'm about ready to give up on it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Is there a trick to get the Kobo Touch to recognize that I tapped the screen?

It's ignoring well over half my attempts to turn the page and I'm about ready to give up on it.
My experience is that I have the most consistent turns when I tap right down into the bottom right corner of the screen. Not sure why that is, but it's where works best for me to tap ergonomically speaking anyway so it works well for me.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
I'm finding this bug to be much worse in 1.9.11 fw than in 1.9.10. It's very frustrating!

The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I found swiping to be much more responsive than tapping.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find that swiping works best too.
As for tapping, I never have trouble when I tap lightly with the tip of my finger. But if I'm being lazy and try to tap with the same hand that's holding the kobo by sliding my finger from the side and tapping it, the response isn't very good. I think the area "touched" becomes too big to be registered then, as the whole bottom part of my finger presses instead of just the tip.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Tapping has always worked fine for me.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
WernerW
WernerW began at the beginning.

Kobo Touch

I bought a Kobo touch from a bookstore a day before leaving on vacation where I planned to use it of course. It took forever to sync any book and to make matters worse I had to recharge it sometimes twice a day.
Upon my return I was informed by the bookstore that I had expired my 14 day warranty. All attempts at reconcileration were in vain so I left. Tried several attempts at Kobo Customer support with no luck.
Finally my wife made contact after about a week and a factory reset was suggested. The reader is froze up and so far nothing seems to unfreeze the unit, (yes I tried recharging but that is also an issue as previousley mentioned).
Went out and bought a SONY, very pleased with the overall performance and would recommend it highly despite the higher cost.
So far, still playing around with the unresponsive Kobo as it's become more of an obsession than a need as the Sony filled that void.
WernerW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I now have a Sony PRST1 I bought for at best buy on clearance $78.00 2 weeks ago. Well worth it but that makes 4 e-readers for me.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerW View Post
The reader is froze up and so far nothing seems to unfreeze the unit, (yes I tried recharging but that is also an issue as previousley mentioned).
My Kobo was completely frozen once, too. Pin reset didn't work.

What I tried is a factory reset by button. You can do that by holding down the home button and then the power button for some time. That should trigger a factory reset.

That didn't work for me, though, so I tried inserting a pin in the back while holding the home button and that did the trick for me. (Haven't read about it anywhere, but it actually works.)
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #10
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
I find that swiping works best too.
As for tapping, I never have trouble when I tap lightly with the tip of my finger. But if I'm being lazy and try to tap with the same hand that's holding the kobo by sliding my finger from the side and tapping it, the response isn't very good. I think the area "touched" becomes too big to be registered then, as the whole bottom part of my finger presses instead of just the tip.
I find tapping (lightly, and without hovering the finger just above the screen which tends to trigger doubletaps) a lot more responsive than swiping, which is hit-and-miss for me.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote