Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
borisb
Edge User

True dat...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
True dat...
And not hard to do. One needs to only conduct a little research...

Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

Let's not condone illegal activity.... or gratuitous ellipses...

Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #19
Michealj
Edge User

I'll wait until it's "final version" release. Last thing I need is for the company to go under and be left with an eDGe I *might* be able to roll back to a working version...

Hi Boris, I wonder if this beta is a necessary step in achieving the final version. Given all the changes at HQ and the limited number of users to test the beta, I suspect they have done as much as they could do. Giving us the beta to test was the logical next step and the best thing they could do. This group has provided a lot of valuable and viable feedback in the last 24 hours. Following the "Ermine" threads is almost like following the form when I 1st joined. There is a lot of enthusiasm and from the feedback it doesn't sound like this beta is as rough as we might have thought.

I do hope everyone that updated their systems keeps posting their experiences through the weekend, you are giving me more confidence to take the leap.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #20
borisb
Edge User

Betas are always optional. In the Windows world, betas can actually cause problems when installing the release world. On the eDGe, updating to the latest version has never appeared to be an issue.

Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
AB9239
Edge User

:(

Guys, I don't post often but I am compelled to reply here. I have been using the EE with ADE and have been able to buy DRM books from Google and Entourage Edge without any issues. I am not sure what role the company has in maintaining the device registration but I suspect that Adobe controls it instead. Also, remember that you can legitimately purchase non-DRM books from O'Reilly, Pragmatic, and probably other sites.

I am sure I don't have the inside context on the company's financial health but it seems to me that reports of its untimely death could be premature. I certainly am holding back my fork because I see no tangible evidence that it is done. While I was surprised to see that the accessory store is no longer but I was glad to see that around 10 e-tailers and some retailers now carry the device. I have recently been buying a lot of e-books from the EE store because the price is competitive with the Google books store. I don't feel that I am buying time bombs here.

Anyways, I understand that my reply is off-topic and does not pertain to the beta. I just want to emphasize that the decision to try a beta should not be used to speculate on the imponderable. Any company, regardless of its financial state, will have spotty support for a beta. So, try the beta if you can potentially live with a bricked device, regardless of the device state. If you want a working device, then don't try it . The speculation on the company state just doesn't seem productive to me.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #22
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB9239 View Post
The speculation on the company state just doesn't seem productive to me.
True-ish, but since enTourage isn't telling the truth (or saying anything, for that matter), it's incumbent on the established community to warn potential buyers of the possible risks of purchasing an eDGe at this time. Something is very wrong at enTourage and people need to be informed.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #23
thegreenarrow
Edge User

lol, there were certain people on this forum who didn't agree with me when I was saying entourage was getting sketch back in january. individual devs tossed honeycomb on a nook color, in a fairly short period of time, and entourage just came out with the beta, if they also dropped an sdk for the beta, I'd be all over it. (have to present a project app for the edge in a couple weeks).

Actually, I'll throw the beta at my edge tonight...if I can find it, and post up with how it seems.