Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
No help for it, then, you'll have to call them and ask them to de-register the PC's.

I don't think they ask where you're calling from ....
You totally beat me to it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Do you think it's worth the hassle or the expense of contacting sony?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Do you think it's worth the hassle or the expense of contacting sony?
It's up to you. As you said, you can create another account. However, as it is now you aren't able to access or read any of the books in your current account.

You might be able to do it via email so it wouldn't really cost you much other than time.

BOb
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As far as I can remember all the books that I bought are on the 500 and there's around $16 on my account hmmm...... I'll try emailing sony if no can do then I'll just register the reader on my new lappy.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As far as I can remember all the books that I bought are on the 500 and there's around $16 on my account hmmm...... I'll try emailing sony if no can do then I'll just register the reader on my new lappy.
Actually, as I think about this... you won't be able to register your device to a new account until it is released from the previous one. Sony will need to do that also.

Also, once you do that... all the ebooks you currently have from your original account will stop working.

BOb
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you have a reader that is already registered and you go to register it under a different account it will unregister it for the account it was under and register it for the new account.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #22
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have to say that Sony is pretty fast about removing old registrations.

When I had to so it after a couple of reformats, they did it within 24 hours.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Have to say that Sony is pretty fast about removing old registrations.

When I had to so it after a couple of reformats, they did it within 24 hours.
Did you phone them or send an email?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #24
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Did you phone them or send an email?
I emailed them using the email contact on the website and basicly told them that I had reformatted my machine a few times and please remove the old installs.

If you now which of the devices listed is wrong (you can see from the connect software), just give the names. If not you could always have them remove all computers and just register you current one.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/contact-email.pl

Got a confirmation message and few hours later received a message that the devices I ad requested had been removed.

ps. when they ask for the zip code just pop any odd one in, its doesn't really matter.

Last edited by bbusybookworm; 09-26-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I had an issue of my wife's computer still activated even after her account was removed, I called Sony and they sorted it right away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #26
Gibbo
Guru

Ok email on it's way
Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #27
Gibbo
Guru

Got an email from Sony and they've de-authorised all six devices but having problems authorising the PC the progress bar gets stuck half way through, trying uninstalling/installing software again.

EDIT: This is strange, whiles in the process of authorising the PC I went to my account and the PC is already there!! Any thoughts?

Last edited by Gibbo; 09-27-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #28
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Got an email from Sony and they've de-authorised all six devices but having problems authorising the PC the progress bar gets stuck half way through, trying uninstalling/installing software again.

EDIT: This is strange, whiles in the process of authorising the PC I went to my account and the PC is already there!! Any thoughts?
From the looks of it your computer had already been registered on their server the first time when it got stuck.

As for remembering, I'm not sure but may programs leave user data behind when you uninstall / reinstall software. The reader software probaby does that.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #29
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Yes my friend Natch is rigth, only calling sony.
I have some diferent problem, I didnt know about the DRM, so I bougth a book in sony store because another web site didn't acept to sell out the USA, but in sony store somehow a did it.
My happiness ended when I realized that my reader is authorized yet, and the CONNET isn't acepting to authorize.
The only way was to contact sony by email, now I'm waiting for them.
Since them I cant read the book on the reader.
This was my first and last time buying on sony store, this DRM thing my me seek.
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorize, prs-505, reader, sony, warning