Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
December Orbit Dollar Book: Orcs

November's One Dollar Book from Orbit is Orcs, by Stan Nicholls, an omnibus edition that contains the full Orcs: First Blood Trilogy (Bodyguard of Lightning, Legion of Thunder and Warriors of the Tempest) and has been selling for $9.99 in the Kindle store. Currently, only Amazon & Barnes & Noble has updated with the new price, so be sure to check closely before ordering.

Book Description
"Look at me. Look at the Orc."

"There is fear and hatred in your eyes. To you I am a monster, a skulker in the shadows, a fiend to scare your children with. A creature to be hunted down and slaughtered like a beast in the fields.

It is time you pay heed to the beast. And see the beast in yourself. I have your fear. But I have earned your respect.

Hear my story. Feel the flow of blood and be thankful. Thankful that it was me, not you, who bore the sword. Thankful to the orcs; born to fight, destined to win peace for all."

This book will change the way you feel about Orcs forever.

Not every ebookstore has been matching Orbit's suggested sales price on their dollar books, but I'll include links for the major ones here, so you can check for other formats besides the Kindle one above.

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Sony
Fictionwise
Books on Board

Last edited by koland; 12-02-2009 at 11:52 PM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Good book. Read the paper edition and really like it. There are also two sequels out now as well.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Amazon now has the book at $1, so I updated the original post.

Too bad I bought it a few months ago...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
We will have to wait until BooksOnBoard fix up their pricing error before you can buy the EPUB edition for $1.
At present it says List Price $1 Savings -$13 Price $14.
Time to rush out and save -$13 on it .
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
Good book. Read the paper edition and really like it.
I agree.
I read the book in paper a few years ago, I enjoyed it, so feel free to take advantage of this offer if you like fantasy with an original point of view.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I would love to pick up the sequels in ebook, but I have this problem where I can't get myself to buy an ebook that costs over $10 nor that is not cheaper than a paper edition. So, I wait.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Got tired of waiting for BoB to fix their pricing to I went over to FictionWise where there was no problem. It seems I also has some micropay rebates from their 100% discount still sitting in my account. I just bought Orcs for $.50 got to love eBooks and Fictionwise.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote