Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
next step would be to let Kindle show *.txt files in home screen...
this part is easy, just change the home dir on the sh file: leafpad/bin/leafpad.sh
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
Tonttu
Tonttu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
This is very promising, thank you baf!
I have changed "usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock R", but leafpad still starts in portrait mode. Anyone manage to get landscape orientation?
Landscape keyboard in book note-writing mode works quite well with thumbs, the buttons are big enough.

Is it possible to customize the Kindle keyboard? Would be awesome to have ä and ö -letters directly available, without having to long-press a and o.
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #18
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
Is it possible to customize the Kindle keyboard?
you can use the src files of this hack to customize keyboard as you wish.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Anyone manage to get landscape orientation?
It will not work in landscape mode. I requires further changes in source. I will add it to my todo list.

Quote:
Is it possible to customize the Kindle keyboard?
As Thomass said it is possible. You just need to edit two files, e.g /usr/share/keyboard/en_US/en_US-600x800.keymap.gz and /usr/share/keyboard/en_US/en_US-800x600.keymap.gz for English layout. Unfortunately it is time consuming, as you need to specify xy coordinates for each key.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Today, several times used Leafpad. Everything works perfectly. Did not find any bug. Landscape mode is useless. (IMHO) Only one small mistake: when you enter the name of the new document is not visible the first letter in the input line.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Thanks again for your excellent work.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Did not find any bug.
Can you delete or rename text files w/o any problem?

@baf: are this functions supposed to work properly?

Last edited by thomass; 09-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post

Yes. These functions are working properly. I have firmware 5.0.0.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
Tonttu
Tonttu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Thanks a million, baf! I successfully made my first edit to the keymap (backed up the old one, of course). I hadn't even tried USB network connection before so it took a bit of reading and searching. Will continue tweaking the keymap tomorrow.
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Yes. These functions are working properly. I have firmware 5.0.0.
I have 5.1.2 on my Touch and only way to use that page is opening a text file. other part of the screen( New Folder, delete, rename, character encoding, etc) has no use at least for my case.
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-23T17_51_22-0000.gif
Views:	443
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	92793
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
will test that
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
Lydovig
Zealot

thomass

Do not quite understand what do the red lines on your chart. The files are deleted and renamed. But I only worked on this in the "notes", in other places there is no need to do that. For this there is Midnight Commander.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #28
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Do not quite understand what do the red lines on your chart. The files are deleted and renamed. But I only worked on this in the "notes", in other places there is no need to do that. For this there is Midnight Commander.
I used these lines as rows to show the areas.

The functions in the red bordered areas works properly. (choosing a text file to open, then clicking cancel or OK, also double tapping) I can use leafpad to edit some other files (like menu.json files, etc) w/o any problem, ie changing the directory also works.

Actually this is not a serious problem, and other part of the app works really great. I can delete the files with XTerm also. I just wanted to report a bug.

@baf: Thanks for the app again.

Last edited by thomass; 09-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #29
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yep. checked it - I see the same as you thomass FWIW
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #30
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post

I confirm it doesn't work. I didn't notice it earlier.
As it is a generic gtk+ dialog, it is more difficult to customise and it stays hidden under main window.
For a quick solution I may hide non-functioning buttons
baf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons