Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
emt
Nameless Being

Cool Reader

Does anyone know how to open a book from the internal memory of the Nook Color (or any tablet for that matter)?

The developer doesn't know (or doesn't want to) and does not answer his email or PM's.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
In Cool Reader, the Menu does nothing. You have to tap the middle of the screen to get the Menu. There is an "Open File" menu item on the left side.
jschall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschall View Post
In Cool Reader, the Menu does nothing. You have to tap the middle of the screen to get the Menu. There is an "Open File" menu item on the left side.
Yes, I know that - unfortunately, the "Open File" dialog only looks at the SD Card and not at emmc.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
On my Pocket book IQ, the "Open File" dialog works fine to get to the internal card. When I select it, it shows me the book I am currently reading, with a back button above it. Clicking the back button takes me to the folder on the sd card where the book I'm currently reading is located. There's another back button above the list, that takes me to the folders on my sd card. Above that is another back button. And a few more back buttons because I have my books several folders deep. But eventually, the back buttons take me to a menu that has Recent Books, SD Card, and Internal SD card. Does the Nook not have the back button to the left of the line at the top telling you the path to the current book?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
On my Pocket book IQ, the "Open File" dialog works fine to get to the internal card. When I select it, it shows me the book I am currently reading, with a back button above it. Clicking the back button takes me to the folder on the sd card where the book I'm currently reading is located. There's another back button above the list, that takes me to the folders on my sd card. Above that is another back button. And a few more back buttons because I have my books several folders deep. But eventually, the back buttons take me to a menu that has Recent Books, SD Card, and Internal SD card. Does the Nook not have the back button to the left of the line at the top telling you the path to the current book?
It has a back button but it only goes as far as the SD Card root - no way to get to the internal memory. I sent an email to the dev but he never answered so I mentioned the lack of ability to look at the internal memory in a review on the Market.

There are plenty of tablets coming out now with internal memory for book/media storage - if the dev doesn't want to respond, then there are plenty of other ereader apps out there.
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
It has a back button but it only goes as far as the SD Card root - no way to get to the internal memory.
Strange that I've got it and you don't. But I know nothing about Nooks, so maybe it's got something to do with that.

Quote:
There are plenty of tablets coming out now with internal memory for book/media storage - if the dev doesn't want to respond, then there are plenty of other ereader apps out there.
You're right--there are plenty of choices. I like FBReader, but a lot of people like Aldiko or Moon+. I'm sure you'll find something you like, even if the dev doesn't respond.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
...if the dev doesn't want to respond, then there are plenty of other ereader apps out there.
Did you try here?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112682
In the past, Buggins has been reasonably responsive.

That said, he may not be able to debug whatever is going on with your (hacked?) NC.
The software works fine on other hardware and since the NC is not on sale in Russia...

Try a different app.
FbReader doesn't have 2-column landscape but it matches most other coolreader features.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Are you using gingerbread since I installed gingerbread on my phone calibre does not detect my external sd card and I can't access it through coolreader as well.
The developer has not been very active in the last few weeks its his hobby so maybe he is busy with real work. Normally most of the complains that come up in the market comments are sooner or later fixed so I would recommend writing about your problem in market comments.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #9
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
That is strange. I also have a Pocketbook IQ and CoolReader and I couldn't be happier. I can browse to the internal memory just fine. I'm sure the dev will repsond as soon as he has some time; he always answered questions about the app (even my silly ones). I wish you luck.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #10
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
A new version of coolreader has been released fixes the sdcard problem at least for me
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
A new version of coolreader has been released fixes the sdcard problem at least for me

I just tried that new version on the Market, and now CoolReader can also look for files on the internal embedded-MultiMediaCard where the stock Nook firmware stores media files.

Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I just tried that new version on the Market, and now CoolReader can also look for files on the internal embedded-MultiMediaCard where the stock Nook firmware stores media files.

Here is the APK link for those who don't have access to the "Market".

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cre...r3/cr3-3.0.45/

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote