Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I do not want to start a flamewar ...
No problem, I was genuinely interested. Thanks for the info.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackitsu View Post
Pocket Pro or the Jetbook Lite.
Any huge differences between the two anyone knows about?
Jetbook has an LCD screen. Greyscale LCD that works without backlight. Similar to calculators or digital watches. Jetbook owners say that the display has great contrast and refreshes the page instantaneously. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. I think that is a huge advantage, because if you are on holiday (and you get stranded at airport, for example) you can buy AAA battery anywhere, and you can carry several spare ones with you. When your batteries die, you buy replacement AAA accumulators anywhere.

PocketPro has e-ink with its flash (not that it is a problem, but you expressed some doubts) and lasts much longer on one charge. It has user replaceable battery (**), but the only supplier of the battery at the moment is device manufacturer.

(**) there are lots of devices that do not have user replaceable battery and you have to send the device to a service center to get it replaced or brave complicated disassembly.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #18
jackitsu
jackitsu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks so much for all your comments. I think I really have it whittled down now to Jetbook Lite. Thank you so much!
jackitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #19
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Jetbook has an LCD screen. Greyscale LCD that works without backlight. Similar to calculators or digital watches. Jetbook owners say that the display has great contrast and refreshes the page instantaneously. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. I think that is a huge advantage, because if you are on holiday (and you get stranded at airport, for example) you can buy AAA battery anywhere, and you can carry several spare ones with you. When your batteries die, you buy replacement AAA accumulators anywhere.
Quick correction here, the Jetbook has an internal rechargeable battery like most ereaders, and the Jetbook-lite uses 4xAA (not 2xAAA).
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote