Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #2176
kiltedknite
kiltedknite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad2010 View Post
Try these...
Many thanks for these!
kiltedknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #2177
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedknite View Post
I ran the latedt uninstaller for the screensaver hack and the linkss folder remains. Is that normal? Is it safe to remove manually?
It has done that to me as well. And I've installed/uninstalled it several times thus far. So I guess its normal. So long as the uninstall completed sucessfully, I am sure it is okay to remove it.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #2178
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kiltedknite/inameiname: Yep, it leaves the folder by default, that's completely normal. You can safely remove it manually once the uninstall is done .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #2179
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kiltedknite/inameiname: Yep, it leaves the folder by default, that's completely normal. You can safely remove it manually once the uninstall is done .
Gotcha. Appreciate the confirmation.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #2180
kiltedknite
kiltedknite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Nice one! Thanks for the information and assistance. Much appreciated!
kiltedknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 02:36 AM   #2181
artomon
artomon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry for the annoyance...i just need uninstall files for jailbreak 0.9.N and usbnetwork 0.34.N
And how do i know is there on my kindle other hacks?

Last edited by artomon; 12-25-2011 at 02:46 AM.
artomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #2182
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@artomon:
Quote:
You can safely use the latest uninstallers with these hacks
All my hacks leave a trace somewhere on the userstore (usually in $hackdir/info.txt), so that helps, but for other things, you'll have to rely on your memory. (Or do it the hard way, and check the rootfs for common hacks over ssh).
Old 12-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #2183
artomon
artomon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
@artomon:

All my hacks leave a trace somewhere on the userstore (usually in $hackdir/info.txt), so that helps, but for other things, you'll have to rely on your memory. (Or do it the hard way, and check the rootfs for common hacks over ssh).
Thanks, worked well.
ssh? Now it's time for me to stop experiments
artomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #2184
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvangeste View Post
2. Starting SSHD automatically does *not* work. Well, it works every other restart. Looks like a bug/feature in usbnetwork script, since it simply toggles SSHD status, depending on the pid file (if it present or not). With hard resets, the pid file is being left there, and the script simply tries to turn off the sshd during the startup, once it sees the pid file. And it removes the pid file, so the next restart leads to SSHD started. So, this thing toggles Most probably, usbNetwork script needs to be changed to accommodate auto-starting of SSHD *every* time.
I really wish this was added, as I prefer using SSHD, and it's very annoying having to restart and edit that file's name several times an hour. Surely it couldn't be too hard to fix this, though of course I couldn't do it myself.

Does anyone know if there's a way to run ";debugOn" on boot/restart? That would make using Launchpad to launch into usbNetwork mode a bit less of a pain.

Last edited by sjheiss; 12-26-2011 at 02:50 AM.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #2185
chalito
chalito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi NiLuJe,
need help here to understand.
My kindle is DXG with 2.5.8. I did run jailbreak 0.10.N, then I install fonts 4.9.N K2.
Everything install OK.
I want to know where do I install additional font packages?
If I install more than on package of fonts, how do I exchange them?
The thing is that I was happy with the fonts that came by default with the Kindle. Now, since I install the font package font change.
So my main question is how I go from one font to another?
Mainly, I just want to change the books font, not the fonts of the kindle menu.
Best Regards
Chalito

Last edited by chalito; 12-27-2011 at 06:36 PM.
chalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #2186
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjheiss View Post
I really wish this was added, as I prefer using SSHD, and it's very annoying having to restart and edit that file's name several times an hour. Surely it couldn't be too hard to fix this, though of course I couldn't do it myself.

Does anyone know if there's a way to run ";debugOn" on boot/restart? That would make using Launchpad to launch into usbNetwork mode a bit less of a pain.
While I do not really know how to have it run automatically, that ';debugOn' sequence was way too annoying for me, and as such, I use:

usbnetwork.ini
Code:
[Actions]

; USBNetwork
Shift N = !/test/bin/usbnetwork
Soooo much easier.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #2187
sjheiss
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
While I do not really know how to have it run automatically, that ';debugOn' sequence was way too annoying for me, and as such, I use:
Thanks a lot, but I found that out yesterday. It's way faster than typing both commands, and you don't even need debugon to use it. It would still be nice to have auto-usbnetwork mode, but this is the next best thing.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #2188
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@sjheiss: AFAIR, that was fixed a long, long time ago (ssh on @ boot).
Old 12-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #2189
sjheiss
Connoisseur

Quote:
@sjheiss: AFAIR, that was fixed a long, long time ago (ssh on @ boot).
Well, I tried it with the USBNetwork in the post post, and upon restart it would sho the USB mode picture and words, but neither USBNetwork nor USB mode would work. If I tried unplugging it, it would give me the warning about ejecting the Kindle first (or something like that).
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #2190
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@sjheiss: You wouldn't be trying that with the Kindle plugged in *during* the boot process, would you? If so, don't, that's probably the issue.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet