Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #661
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
Win7 64bit
calibre v2 64bit
Plugin v1.7.3
Goodreads -> Add to shelf gives
Code:
calibre, version 2.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toDateTime'
My read date column is a custom Date column.
Upgrade to the latest version of the plugin. v1.7.4 is needed for calibre v2. You might want to check your other plugings as well. A lot of them need to be updated for calibre v2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:09 AM   #662
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 4
I thought that was the latest - got it from the attachment of 3 or 4 posts ago. gooreadssync_qt5?!

EDIT: Downloaded version from start of thread - same name - but is now v1.7.4.
Same crash. Except this version doesn't make calibre hang.

Last edited by macnab69; 08-23-2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Update
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #663
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
I thought that was the latest - got it from the attachment of 3 or 4 posts ago. gooreadssync_qt5?!

EDIT: Downloaded version from start of thread - same name - but is now v1.7.4.
Same crash. Except this version doesn't make calibre hang.
I see it now. The attached version should fix this.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-11-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Remove attachment as old version
Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #664
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 4
Works now. (Don't forget the _qt5 in filename, and possibly version number.)
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #665
dgparryuk
Enthusiast
dgparryuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I had that problem too - installed the new version and it's fixed it...
dgparryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #666
TicklishOwl
TicklishOwl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Since upgrading to Calibre 2.0, custom shortcuts no longer work with v1.7.4 or with v1.7.5, posted yesterday by Davidfor.

I removed the shortcuts and plugin, restarted Calibre, installed the plugin and reassigned the shortcuts; no joy. I am able to perform the desired action using the plugin's menu. Also, Calibre's default shortcuts (E to edit metadata, A to add book, etc.) do work.

Any ideas?

Edited to add: Custom shortcuts aren't working for Quality Check plugin v1.9.11 either. But, they do work for Modify ePub plugin v1.3.11. Strange.

Running Calibre 2.0, all plugins updated for 2.0/QT5, OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 (probably not relevant).

Last edited by TicklishOwl; 08-24-2014 at 07:22 PM.
TicklishOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #667
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicklishOwl View Post
Since upgrading to Calibre 2.0, custom shortcuts no longer work with v1.7.4 or with v1.7.5, posted yesterday by Davidfor.

I removed the shortcuts and plugin, restarted Calibre, installed the plugin and reassigned the shortcuts; no joy. I am able to perform the desired action using the plugin's menu. Also, Calibre's default shortcuts (E to edit metadata, A to add book, etc.) do work.

Any ideas?

Edited to add: Custom shortcuts aren't working for Quality Check plugin v1.9.11 either. But, they do work for Modify ePub plugin v1.3.11. Strange.

Running Calibre 2.0, all plugins updated for 2.0/QT5, OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 (probably not relevant).
Actually, "OSX Mavericks 10.9.4" probably is relevant. There were a few threads over the weekend about problems with keyboard shortcuts and Mac. Does Certain keyboard shortcuts no longer working in Calibre 2.0 (OS X) match what you are seeing?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #668
TicklishOwl

Exactly my problem, thanks! I rarely use the default Calibre Alt+letter shortcuts, so I hadn't noticed yet.

My custom shortcuts for GR Sync use cmd+letter. I also tried other modifiers with no luck. This post, from the thread you linked, suggests that it is indeed a Mavericks/Calibre issue. I'm sure a fix is in the works, so I will just wait it out.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #669
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicklishOwl View Post
Exactly my problem, thanks! I rarely use the default Calibre Alt+letter shortcuts, so I hadn't noticed yet.

My custom shortcuts for GR Sync use cmd+letter. I also tried other modifiers with no luck. This post, from the thread you linked, suggests that it is indeed a Mavericks/Calibre issue. I'm sure a fix is in the works, so I will just wait it out.
Yes, Kovid has done a couple of things to handle the shortcuts. They should be in the next release.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #670
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgparryuk View Post
I had that problem too - installed the new version and it's fixed it...
Me too, thanks David
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #671
TicklishOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, Kovid has done a couple of things to handle the shortcuts. They should be in the next release.
Everything is working as expected again. Thanks bunches to you both!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #672
todivefor
todivefor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have been trying this plugin off and on several times and seem to make more progress each time I try. I am trying to sync, but am only able to sync my "read" shelf. When I click on "sync from shelf", only "read" appears in the "Select shelves to sync from:" list. What am I doing wrong that I don't see to-read and currently reading?
todivefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #673
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
That means that your "read" shelf is the only one you have specified any sync actions for. Go into <customise plugin>, choose the shelf you want to sync from, and specify which column you want updated, OR choose rating/date read. You need at least one action to be set.

After that, the shelf will show up as an option when you try to sync from shelf.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #674
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
I'm wondering if I missed something but there seems to be no way to configure the plugin to use a user column "read" to sync to goodreads. It appears to need tags.

Hoping to see a future version that allows for a "read" column option if I didn't already miss it.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #675
Wampuscat
Wampuscat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've got a question about getting the 'position' of the books on one of my Goodreads bookshelves and put that in a custom column in Calibre using the plugin. Can anyone tell me how I can do that? I can't seem to find the 'position' information to set up a rule for it.
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads