Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #31
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nicely embedded.

IMO it's rubbish, but nicely embedded.
But interesting rubbish, you must agree.

Each to their own.

Cheers.
Nohmi
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I do grant that it's interesting. But sadly it's interesting for the process, rather than any actual discovery of ancient artificial pyramids.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #33
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think someone has been watching stargate marathons
I curse SyFy for killing the franchise!
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I curse SyFy for killing the franchise!
I know, I miss it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #35
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Make sure you wear a tinfoil hat while reading.
I'll be going to visit this pyramid in 2 weeks; do I need to take my tinfoil hat?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster9079 View Post
How can someone say that this isn't true just because of what you have been told? The second that people's beliefs are called into question people automatically start pointing fingers. Saying you better put on your tinfoil hat and calling other people crazy for even looking into. Believe me people if you actually look at the pyramids and all the facts from the past and the story that we were given it doesn't add up. If the Pyramids of Giza were to be constructed by hand at a rate of 1 block every ten minutes it would have taken them 664 years just to build one of the pyramids. Who is to say that they didn't have help from an outside source (out of this world beings). There are multiple different drawings and sculptures that show there was some kind of higher being at work here. If you are to naive to do any research and you are just going off of what you have been told maybe your opinion isn't necesarily needed.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #37
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I'll be going to visit this pyramid in 2 weeks; do I need to take my tinfoil hat?
No but make sure you've got a Kindle PW or Nook Glo -- it's dark inside (no power ya know )
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Take two!
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
No but make sure you've got a Kindle PW or Nook Glo -- it's dark inside (no power ya know )
ahem...I will have to make do with the iPad
but serious: the tales of this thread will be in the back of my mind as I wander around the Giza pyramid
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
Open Minded
Open Minded began at the beginning.

Device: none
Greetings!!

I've been watching these theories about the pyramid being a power plant for some years now coming from different sources and asked the question "where's the real evidence?". The answer came from a totally different show on the History Channel called Life After People (I only watched one show). They speculated that 10,000 years after people all that would be left to indicate people were here is Mt Rushmore, the great wall of China, and so on. It seems to me all of these stone structures are remnants from a long ago civilization, perhaps the one called Atlantis. Here is my view:

People once lived all over the planet, and it would not have to be massively populated with the technology they had available. They created a power grid like the one Tesla spoke of 100 years ago, using the earths own magnetic energy and frequency. Either something went wrong or the majority of the population died out, the people that survived did not know how to recreate the power grid, just like today if our civilization fell. This could also explain some things: Atlantis legends, Puma Punku (looks like something broke apart there), the flipping of the magnetic poles (hasn't happened on the usual schedule according to the ice cores), the strange way the Giza pyramids are constructed, and Piri Reis map showing Antarctica without the ice.

For some reason people always picture massive amounts of slave workers putting all these stone structures in place but I see a smaller population with technology we don't have yet. Perhaps the Sahara desert was born of a failure in the power plant. Just because you find tools or writing on the wall does not verify the age of a site, it just dates the people that were there much later like the graffiti on the walls of a local cave used 30,000 years ago.

There is a chapter in Earth's history that is closed with only the smallest of clues.
Open Minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #41
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Do you suppose 5,000+ years form now when our current civilization has fallen and the next one rises up they will be looking at the remnants of the Hoover dam and debating on whether or not it was built strictly for religious reasons, to honor some king in the area, or (for those few crackpots and their outlandish theories) it generated some mysterious power to be used by devices way to sophisticated for our time?

Side note: Ancient Aliens covered this over the weekend and I have to admit there does seem to be some logical reasoning behind the theories.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Minded View Post
People once lived all over the planet, and it would not have to be massively populated with the technology they had available. They created a power grid like the one Tesla spoke of 100 years ago, using the earths own magnetic energy and frequency. Either something went wrong or the majority of the population died out, the people that survived did not know how to recreate the power grid, just like today if our civilization fell. This could also explain some things: Atlantis legends, Puma Punku (looks like something broke apart there), the flipping of the magnetic poles (hasn't happened on the usual schedule according to the ice cores), the strange way the Giza pyramids are constructed, and Piri Reis map showing Antarctica without the ice.
This is utter nonsense. If you do a little research into Egyptology you'd find that there is a well-documented architectural progression from "mastaba" tombs in Egypt (stone walls with a roof), through the "step pyramid" at Saqqara, through to the "true" pyramids at Gisa (and elsewhere), included failed experiments in pyramid building, such as the "bent pyramid".

Quote:
For some reason people always picture massive amounts of slave workers putting all these stone structures in place
No, again this is untrue. Slaves had nothing to do with the construction of the pyramids - in fact slavery was basically unknown in Egypt at the time. You had an agricultural workforce who had nothing to do after the annual inundation (flooding) of the Nile. Essentially limitless manpower available for state construction projects. All this is well documented. The workers' villages around the pyramids have been extensively excavated.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-07-2013 at 12:50 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm just kind of amazed that someone resurrected an old thread (and on his first post)!
And his only post so far!

And we all have been chewing on it ever since.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #44
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think someone has been watching stargate marathons
ya think
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote