Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
A little insight on how the design was created:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpjaSn9w6w
Interesting... I still like flat
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #107
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
My husband has adopted it, and doesn't want to upgrade, even though I've offered to buy him a new ebook reader on several occasions - he just loves the 505. That leaves me with the 350 and the T1. I've offered to give him the T1 to use as a backup reader, while I would have the Aura and the 350, but he is not interested!
LOL... that's his way of saying "no more ereaders"
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #108
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Maybe you should upgrade your husband first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I can't afford a new model
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #109
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Why oh why!!! I onlu *just* got my Glo, and would have got this in a heartbeat. Oh well, the Glo will do the job.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #110
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
On the other hand, the utilization of the CPU on eInk reader is sporadic in book reading mode (peaks when a new page needs to be rendered, long periods of inactivity while the user reads the page) and it is possible (but neither easy nor trivial) to write a software so that it renders a page, or few, in advance.
Why would it be a problem to render pages in advance? I'm still wondering why they don't do that already.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #111
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Why would it be a problem to render pages in advance? I'm still wondering why they don't do that already.
I suspect that any delay in turning pages is down to the eInk screen rather than rendering.

But I agree that rendering the next page in advance would seem an obvious thing to do, if the rendering time caused any delay in page turns. The effort is wasted if the user doesn't just turn to the next page, but that can't be more than 5% of page turns, and so is insignificant.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #112
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I wanted bigger screen. I just wish it would have buttons for page turning.
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #113
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Nice nice! Wish they come out with kobo mini glo. I will buy it in the blink of an eye.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #114
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Nice nice! Wish they come out with kobo mini glo. I will buy it in the blink of an eye.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Then I would have to buy that one plus the Aura.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #115
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Same here! I don't need the big reader but I would love to have a smaller reader to carry around.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #116
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
What interests me most is whether the lighting can be adjusted to a lower brightness level than on the Glo. Many have complained that it is too bright to read comfortably in the dark. An alternative could be a night mode like the Cybook has.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #117
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
All I care about is the release date. When is it?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #118
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
What interests me most is whether the lighting can be adjusted to a lower brightness level than on the Glo. Many have complained that it is too bright to read comfortably in the dark. An alternative could be a night mode like the Cybook has.
Short answer -yes

Here is a link to the written review of the Aura. At the bottom is a video comparing the Glo and Aura brightness.

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...ura-hd-review/
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #119
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Here is a link to a video review by Good E-reader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHoAquQ1jw#t=11m31s
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #120
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
All I care about is the release date. When is it?
25th April in UK and Canada. I don't know for other countries.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote