Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Good Omens: Has Anyone Seen It?

My flatmate nicked off with my pbook copy, but since OH has kindly offered to share ownership of his I've decided to get myself an e-version, since it's a fabulous pick-up-any-time-and-laugh kind of book.
I'm pretty sure I saw a copy on one of the 'main' sites like Fictionwise a few weeks ago but of course now that I want it, I can't find it anywhere! Could of course be that I can't see it for looking at it, although I have also tried the HarperCollins site which I think is the publisher.
If anyone spots a copy, can you drop me a line please? I have a Cybook so ideally looking for mobi/prc.
Thank you!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmm
are you sure you've seen it in ebook form...

I've looked in all my usual haunts and not come up with anything...

A google search only comes up with those versions you don't want...

sorry,

Geoff
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
are you sure you've seen it in ebook form...
Not really, I'll happily concede that I may have imagined it, but I do remember trying to decide whether to replace the pbook or get the ebook. And I can kind of visualise the cover, which was in the same style of the other Pratchett ebook covers, but could equally not count for much.
I'll ask him about it tomorrow LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Have you searched for Gaiman as the author? I seem to remember that it was written by both of them.

For myself I'd like to get Carpet People and the Bromeliad Trilogy as ebooks, but haven't been able to find either.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't see Good Omens anyplace as a legal eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Trawled again today with no luck. I guess I imagined it after all - must have been wishful thinking!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:32 AM   #7
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did a google search and this thread came up at link 4 ..... !!!

Geoff
(home alone)
Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

And when you say this thread...... ?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #9
GeoffC

This thread, Mindy, that you started....
Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 AM   #10
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Oh, right, yeah, like, totally with you now.
(I'm a complete space cadet at the moment)
Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
GeoffC

It's all the excitment building ahead of tonight's shindig with LazyScot and others....
Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There's a hardback, paperback (trade and mm) but no eBook, not even on Kindle.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9...ens/index.aspx

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
My flatmate nicked off with my pbook copy, but since OH has kindly offered to share ownership of his I've decided to get myself an e-version, since it's a fabulous pick-up-any-time-and-laugh kind of book.
I'm pretty sure I saw a copy on one of the 'main' sites like Fictionwise a few weeks ago but of course now that I want it, I can't find it anywhere! Could of course be that I can't see it for looking at it, although I have also tried the HarperCollins site which I think is the publisher.
If anyone spots a copy, can you drop me a line please? I have a Cybook so ideally looking for mobi/prc.
Thank you!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #13
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Time to click on that Amazon link to request this in ebook format! And when I saw the title for this thread I got all excited because I thought you meant a movie version was released.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #14
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Terry Gilliam has the rights, but it's been a work in progress forever.