Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
I got my 505 today

And, I want to thank everyone on this site for making this place a seriously valuable resource. I've already purchased a PSP AC power adapter and a battery powered adapter based on recommendations in threads on this site.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Wow, another one! Congratulations, hope you enjoy the reader. Incidentally, and just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed how many new "got my reader" posts there have been lately? Can the same be said in the Kindle's and other forums? I don't really hang out over there, so I'm just curious.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
I looked at everything available before I bought the 505. The fact that calibre allows you to convert so many other formats, and an unnamed tool allows you to deDRM others, it seemed like the 505 way my best bet. I don't mind spending money for content, but I don't like being limited by the format. Anyway, it looks like there is enough quality content to keep me happy for at least a couple of years.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Congrats Aliencane!!

Have fun with your 505! I know I'm certainly enjoying mine, and now wonder how I did without it for so long!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I also love my new Reader (purchased in the last month). Absolutely no regrets on my choice of device. Calibre is really the clincher, though.. makes everything a breeze. Also look into the titanium e-caddy hard case sold for the 505 on ebay and amazon, if you have any concerns about the Reader being banged around in your bag. I really like mine.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Congratulations! I love my Kindle and many who have Sony Readers say the same. Having a convenient way to carry and read books -- and a decent selections of good books to buy -- is what really matters to me.

Have fun and let us know what books you're reading.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote