Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
mickeyfinn
Banned
mickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Can I sideload books adobe epub books from B&N?

Am I correct in thinking that books can only be sideloaded into the 350 via another computer?

Where can I get books from for it?

Thanks.
mickeyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, you have to sideload books from your computer to the 350 via USB cable because it does not have wireless capability. Unfortunately, the 350 does not work with B&N EPUB's or Apple iBooks. They both use a special type of Adobe DRM encryption. However, it does work with loads of other sources for EPUB's. There is a sticky thread at the top of the Sony forum about where to find books.

Sony has their own ebookstore which has most of what I need. You can browse their bookstore at the link below. You just can't purchase their books direct through your web browser. You have to use Sony's Reader Library software to purchase their books (very similar concept to how you purchase Apple's music through their iTunes software).
http://ebookstore.sony.com/

Some of my other favorite sources are Kobo, Borders, booksonboard.com and ebooks.com. There are also loads of sources for free public domain books like feedbooks.com, manybooks.net, gutenberg.org and even here on MobileRead. Smashwords is a popular source for indie authors.

Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Another store that has an Adobe ePub download option is Google eBookstore.

To read B&N ebooks, you would need to strip its DRM (which is likely legal in the US for personal use). See Apprentice Alf's blog for more info about DRM issues.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote