Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Before I start on a plugin I am learning Python from the "Dive into Python" book. I have downloaded the sample .py files but I can't work out how to run one. Double-clicking just opens it in my text editor, so do I need to make a new association for .py files or is there a way to run one from a command prompt?
Ahh, you want to run python files that have nothing to do with calibre. This is when you need to install python.

You could do it with calibre-debug and use calibre's python, but it would be rather painful.

Edit: and you may need to make an association. Also, you should run these from the command line or you will never see the output. python foo.py will work once python is installed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #32
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Thanks. Now it works, so it's full steam ahead with some Python learning and then onto a calibre plugin. Who knows, I might even have one ready by Christmas!
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #33
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast
Naderstouhy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Guys i need some tips in using pyDev, i started using it and opened a new project for calibre, but what i'm not able to figure out is how do i run calibre using pyDev and not the .exe file, i need to trace calibre in order not to ask so many questions in this forum regarding the location of some source code lol and specially about the translation thing (mr. Kovid will kill me if i ask one more question :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Thanks. Now it works, so it's full steam ahead with some Python learning and then onto a calibre plugin. Who knows, I might even have one ready by Christmas!
Naderstouhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderstouhy View Post
Guys i need some tips in using pyDev, i started using it and opened a new project for calibre, but what i'm not able to figure out is how do i run calibre using pyDev and not the .exe file, i need to trace calibre in order not to ask so many questions in this forum regarding the location of some source code lol and specially about the translation thing (mr. Kovid will kill me if i ask one more question :P)
You can't run calibre from pydev. You must start it with calibre or calibre-debug.

That said, this thread supplies a way to use pydev's debugger. If you have questions about that, post on that thread.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote