Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #16
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Another question, does the 5" 360 have the same functions as this 301+?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I agree the lack of more distinct display if bullet items will take some getting used to...I have another teeny thing I see that maybe someday, eventually, sometime, in some near or far future time could be considered worthy of firmware revision...being able to turn off the underline of hyperlinks, instead just let the user set the behavior and color of links in a document.

Just a thought as while I am sure it is livable, the underlined links like that are, well, kinda fugly... BTW, I get it that these things are often not trivial in the reader world...having tried to edit and clean up a few books over the past few years, I see how poorly formed books are in their native formats. So, I can see it being one of those coding choices where real value/benefit vs. finite developer resources. Not a but deal I think once I viewed a few of these test images.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Another question, does the 5" 360 have the same functions as this 301+?
Even more: it can change the orientation using the accelerometer. However, it has less buttons so some games and apps made for 301 need to be modified...
I think removing a "back" button was a mistake, both in PB360 and Sony PRS-600. It makes some things much more tedious than they should be.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

I have a question that igorsk mentioned was being looked at, and that is the button on the 360 used in a video demo side by side a PRS-505 had a very audible click sound. I am hoping that has been addressed at this point in time? It really would be a big detractor for me.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcRna0NtBZM

I'm pretty sure Pocketbook likely has heard this from a lot of folks so...??
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #20
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Breck,

I'll try to find out. So far I was unaware of that clicking. When I was playing with one back this summer, there were no clicks at all...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #21
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Breck,

I'll try to find out. So far I was unaware of that clicking. When I was playing with one back this summer, there were no clicks at all...
Thanks...no hurry, but that is some difference huh? I never noticed it in any video until that one vid. igorsk did pass along that there was an effort underway to change the type of button used. I am guessing to something like a softclick/membrane sorta button.

Thanks for taking the time...btw, it's not really a deal breaker for me...hehehehe...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #22
GuitarCrazyo
Banned
GuitarCrazyo began at the beginning.

Device: Guitar Crazy
Ask about specification

Ill ask Ram Korman for you guys, how bout you email him Sam and Ill talk to him more in person.
GuitarCrazyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #23
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarCrazyo View Post
Ill ask Ram Korman for you guys, how bout you email him Sam and Ill talk to him more in person.
... who are these ppl?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
... who are these ppl?
Don't fret. He was a spammer. Silly one, I guess.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #25
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Alex, thanks). These things happen everywhere
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
sambucca
sambucca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Bthoven,

1) Thai language - yes it does display it, if you install Thai font.
Can you please, take minute and send a sample of Thai book (not in pdf) to info@PocketBookReader.com, I'll double check it.
2) Dictionaries lookups - yes
3) Accessories - leather cover, 1 Gb SD card, wall charger
4) PRC format is supported and displayed all right.
can you confirm this? i thought all i get is the 360 and a usb cable.
Would be great to get that nifty leather sleeve. looks nice.
Can you tell me what the shipping costs to austria would be?
i saw on the ukranian site it costs 299 y.e...what currency is that? can i order it from there and have it shipped to austria? that would be quicker i guess.
sambucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucca View Post
i saw on the ukranian site it costs 299 y.e...what currency is that?
US Dollars.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #28
sambucca
sambucca began at the beginning.

Device: none
ok..so i can better order it in the U.S. and have it shipped here.

Or does the ukranian shipped one come with a leather sleeve and a european wall-charger?
sambucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucca View Post
ok..so i can better order it in the U.S. and have it shipped here.

Or does the ukranian shipped one come with a leather sleeve and a european wall-charger?
You can order Pocketbook in Germany if you live in the European Union.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #30
kaar
kaar began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
You can order Pocketbook in Germany if you live in the European Union.
I'm interested! How much will it cost if I order it from Germany? Or, is it being sold in a regular store already and can I see it in person/pick it up myself?

I'll most likely be in Germany for a motorcycle fair next weekend... I'd be more than willing to let my boyfriend fend for himself for a little bit, while I go look at Pocketbooks

/Karen.
kaar is offline   Reply With Quote