Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
liferaft
liferaft began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500vicandes
I need help, please.

Just got a Sony PRS 500. Sent it back to Sony to have software that allowed epub downloads. Got it back, but I can' for the life of me figure out how to download something from my public library to my reader. Can someone be kind enough to give me step-by-step instructions? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.
liferaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I'm afraid I can't help with your library question, Liferaft, but I'm sure one of our many library-using members will pop by soon to help. Just called in to thank you for the new company. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
liferaft

Thanks, neilmarr. I'm going to get this thing working if it's the last thing I do!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, liferaft.

Here is a link to a Sony Thread on what you are looking for. Start with post #1 and hopefully you'll be well on your way.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=27631&page=16
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
liferaft

Thank you so much, Desertgrandma! I will work on it this evening and hope I be reading library books very soon. Thanks again!
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Along with the previously mentioned thread, I would suggest opening the Sony Reader Library software, click on "eBook Store" on the left side of the screen, and then you should see a box on the right that says "Library Finder." Click on that box and you should then see a screen asking for State or Zip Code. I have not gone further than that in the process, but that should get you well on your way.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
You will probably find that you need Adobe Digital Editions to be installed on your computer in order to read Library Books that use the Overdrive system. Most libraries shoudl have a link to installing ADE. Once complete the library books will appear in ADE, the non-intuative part is that you have to then drag and drop them from the ADE menu to the readericon on the lefthand side before they will appear on your reader.

Good luck and enjoy!
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
liferaft

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I finally got it working. Thanks to all that responded. I am now reading my first book downloaded from my local library, and it's great!! Thanks again to all.