Rafardeon
Enthusiast
Rafardeon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Minor problem with 0.6 + MacOS/Growl + German umlauts

Hi,
first of all, thanks for the cool new features

I use the German version of Calibre on MacOS X 10.5.7 and Growl 1.1.4

When connecting my PRS-505 the Growl message misses a letter: It says: "Gert PRS505 gefunden" instead of "Gerät PRS505 gefunden" (cf. attachment).

Anything I could do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture.png
Views:	275
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	33038  
Rafardeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
did this also happen in 0.5 or is it only in 0.6?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Rafardeon
Enthusiast
Rafardeon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
did this also happen in 0.5 or is it only in 0.6?
In 0.5 everything was fine.
Rafardeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK opena bug report for it and I'll look at it when I have some time
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
WOW! Kudos on calibre supporting Growl. I just noticed today it was doing that. Perhaps I'm way behind the times. Then again, I don't upgrade it that often.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah it supports growl on OS X and various desktop notification schemes in linux. Only Windows uses those sad little yellow popups
Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yeah it supports growl on OS X and various desktop notification schemes in linux. Only Windows uses those sad little yellow popups
I guess snarl isn't ubiquitous enough yet to support it.

BOb
Old 03-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah, I haven't even heard of snarl
Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yeah, I haven't even heard of snarl
I'm not surprised. Their web site only lists 65 apps that support it. Although there could be more.

BOb