Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Sideloading Question

Hi everyone,

I'm not normally in the Nook forum as I've got another reader, but I'm trying to sideload some books to a Nook, and needed to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Was planning on sideloading them to a micro SD card that can then be used with the machine. On my Kobo, I just drag and drop from my Calibre library, and the reader processes them when I insert the card. Is that all I need to do with .epub files for the Nook, too? I won't see the person with the Nook until after I'm not near Calibre/computer, so I can't just wait and try like I normally would. But this appears a basic enough question I couldn't find the answer in any threads. Thanks!
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm not normally in the Nook forum as I've got another reader, but I'm trying to sideload some books to a Nook, and needed to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Was planning on sideloading them to a micro SD card that can then be used with the machine. On my Kobo, I just drag and drop from my Calibre library, and the reader processes them when I insert the card. Is that all I need to do with .epub files for the Nook, too? I won't see the person with the Nook until after I'm not near Calibre/computer, so I can't just wait and try like I normally would. But this appears a basic enough question I couldn't find the answer in any threads. Thanks!
I don't use calibre, but I have always been able to insert the microSD card into the NOOK first. Then when I connect the NOOK to the computer via cable, the microSD card shows as a separate drive. At that point it's easy to copy epub files from the computer onto the microSD card. Be careful to properly eject BOTH the NOOK and the microSD card (separately). Once disconnected, the NOOK should be able to see those epub files you've saved onto the microSD card. It should not be necessary to remove the microSD card to add (or delete) books.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #3
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Unfortunately, the nook's not in the same country as the computer is. I was hoping to be able to bring some of the books in a format the nook could read them on a sd card. Computer and reader won't be in the same country, so I can't just connect the nook to the computer, unfortunately.

But what I can't seem to find anywhere is how the transfer of files to the card should go ... for the Kobo, you can just drag and drop. Then when you insert the sd card, the reader builds the database. I'm wondering if I do that, and then put the card in a Nook, will it be able to read the card?
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
Unfortunately, the nook's not in the same country as the computer is. I was hoping to be able to bring some of the books in a format the nook could read them on a sd card. Computer and reader won't be in the same country, so I can't just connect the nook to the computer, unfortunately.

But what I can't seem to find anywhere is how the transfer of files to the card should go ... for the Kobo, you can just drag and drop. Then when you insert the sd card, the reader builds the database. I'm wondering if I do that, and then put the card in a Nook, will it be able to read the card?
Well, I've never tried that, but I think it would work. The NOOK should be able to see any epub files on the microSD card.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote