Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
deerayolia
Nameless Being

Exclamation Urgent: How To Convert Wikibook PDF Into a Searchable Index?

I have to prepare for my exam.
So, I want a wikipedia for my Nokia N72 mobipocket.
But due to space constraint I could only download a small wiki. It's good but many important entries are missing.

Since, I want it specifically for literature, I was wondering if I can convert a wikibook into a searchable index?

PS, I am a TOTAL newbie to book creation. I downloaded mobipocket about 4 days ago. :P

So, please keep that in mind when suggesting some solutions.

Or if you can suggest me a good mobipocket literary encyclopedia which is searchable and includes all biographies of writers, the synopsis and characters of all famous works and articles on prose, poetry, literature, and the various literary movements, then I'll give you a thousand cookies every year.

Please reply ASAP!
--Dee
Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you have a Kindle or Kindle app, all books are searchable without any special formatting.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #3
deerayolia
Nameless Being

Nope, I have downloaded my mobipocket in an Nokia N72 Symbian S60v2
Old 05-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
IMHO, downloading the whole Wikipedia would be overkill. What you could do is sign up for a free Instapaper account, mark all Wikipedia pages that you're interested in and then have the Instapaper website generate a custom Kindle .mobi file for you that can also be read on older devices.

BTW, Susan is right, you can search .mobi files. If you tap the book title in the upper left corner of Mobipocket reader or tap/press the menu button, you should see a drop-down menu with a Find menu option in it.

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-28-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
deerayolia
Nameless Being

Yeah, I did that, but it doesn't work that good.
Anyways thanks for the advice!
I'll try it out.
Advert