Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #301
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I did a factory reset today, but the problem with reappearing page numbers in the margin persists.

So far, the font has remained the same size, but I only read two chapters today, so we shall see...
Since my report that I had resolved the issues with a factory reset, both issues (marginal page numbers and font resizing at chapter breaks) have returned, although only sporadically and unpredictably.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #302
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
So far, I haven't encountered any of the bugs mentioned here. To be fair, the light is just fine at 6% and I don't need to change the setting so I don't know if the 1% bug applies to my Aura HD.

But I dearly miss the statistics in the sideloaded kepubs
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #303
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have just encountered this in a book. My font size increases to the chapter header size. Not only in this chapter but it seems in the entire book.

I went through 3 successive chapters and it changed the font size every time. Then I used the TOC to go back and I can't seem to make it do that any more. I have been trying for 1/2 an hour and the font stays correct. Most peculiar.

Oddly enough when the font size changed the font slider stayed the same.

I was wrong before it seems to be a whole new bug or feature.

Helen
Sorry you're seeing this, too. I hope it gets fixed soon, because I am very close to reverting to a previous FW.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #304
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Sorry you're seeing this, too. I hope it gets fixed soon, because I am very close to reverting to a previous FW.
I am curious if using the TOC will make it stop for others in the current book. Since doing this I have not been able to make it reoccur in the book I am reading.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #305
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I am curious if using the TOC will make it stop for others in the current book. Since doing this I have not been able to make it reoccur in the book I am reading.

Helen
I will try it the next time the font size changes and see what happens. The book I am currently reading has looooong chapters, so it may be a day or two before I report back.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #306
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I wonder if the longer delay on shut down is an attempt at reducing processing delay on start up by doing it on the other end after the user has shut off and "would not be bothered by, or perceive the delay..." Well, everyone but DNSB and SpeakingtoHe and a few others who will go nameless... (avatarless?)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #307
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I will try it the next time the font size changes and see what happens. The book I am currently reading has looooong chapters, so it may be a day or two before I report back.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #308
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I wonder if the longer delay on shut down is an attempt at reducing processing delay on start up by doing it on the other end after the user has shut off and "would not be bothered by, or perceive the delay..." Well, everyone but DNSB and SpeakingtoHe and a few others who will go nameless... (avatarless?)
I've never had a delay on startup, do you?

Perhaps others have a sleepcover and don't see the delay, or significantly less books on the reader and thus less delay.

Perhaps the reader thinks you have put a few more books on while reading which is theoretically possible I suppose

Helen
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #309
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
My Aura HD got updated yesterday (UK/WHSmith).

Pocket works really great. An awesome bonus I wasn't expecting when I bought it.

It may be a coincident, but the two books I transfered (with Calibre) ended up being epubs and not kepubs. Of about a hundred books it has happened maybe twice before. I disabled the normal driver and it worked fine again.

So far I am very happy with the new firmware. :-)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #310
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
I tried navigating with the table of contents. If I haven't already opened a chapter, everything is in the right font size. However, if I have already opened a chapter by turning the page in the usual way and the font size is wrong, it can take several tries of opening other chapters with the ToC and re-opening the chapter in question for it to display properly.

Another data point, another workaround...
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #311
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Perhaps there has always been a delay when entering sleep mode, but now they have changed the order of operations so that turning off the light and displaying sleep cover is done after the other operations instead of before.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #312
neil74
Connoisseur
neil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo aura
I was really hoping they would fix the large footer issue, this surly cannot be a difficult one to fix?

On some pages on my aura I have what feels like a quarter of the page blank!
neil74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #313
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil74 View Post
I was really hoping they would fix the large footer issue, this surly cannot be a difficult one to fix?

On some pages on my aura I have what feels like a quarter of the page blank!
There are a few reasons for a gap at the bottom of the text area of the screen. All of them are related to the book structure and how it is displayed. Only one of the is an actual bug. Search for discussion on "widows and orphans" and the long paragraph bug for the explanation.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #314
Elswyth
Elswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to beholdElswyth is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Google Nexus 7
Hi all, my Kobo Aura HD updated today. Anyone else noticed how the font rendering is now really awful? It was so beautiful before but now it's as if the anti-aliasing is different, resulting in a wobbly baseline and the letters look all over the place. I really hate it. I see some have mentioned on here that you can roll back to a previous firmware version which I will do. Pocket integration is not worth sacrificing perfect font rendering for me!
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #315
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Regards the delay entering sleep mode:

With the "Show current book cover" box unticked in the "Light, sleep, and power" settings my Glo goes to sleep as fast as it did with earlier firmware, it is only when the sleep screen is set to display the current book cover that there is a delay.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote