Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
hockeynut
Enjoy every sandwich.
hockeynut began at the beginning.

Device: Tri-Sony 505 (blue, silver, silver)
Howdy y'all

I purchased a Sony 505 for myself, and quickly realized that it would be a great tool for the kids...so we are now a 1515 family (that's 505 x 3 for the mathematically challenged!).

My son has learning issues and one of his physical challenges is eyesight. The 505 is great in that he can crank up the font size and read things that he couldn't follow on a normal printed page due to the small type.

My daughter loves to read and now she can take her books with her to school without breaking her back(pack).

This is a great little device, and I'm recommending one to just about anyone who will listen
hockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
That's awesome! I hope your kids realize how lucky they are.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Great little story. Welcome to the site. I hope you and your Family enjoy your Reader. The Sony505 is a great device!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
I purchased a Sony 505 for myself, and quickly realized that it would be a great tool for the kids...so we are now a 1515 family (that's 505 x 3 for the mathematically challenged!).

My son has learning issues and one of his physical challenges is eyesight. The 505 is great in that he can crank up the font size and read things that he couldn't follow on a normal printed page due to the small type.

My daughter loves to read and now she can take her books with her to school without breaking her back(pack).

This is a great little device, and I'm recommending one to just about anyone who will listen
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi hockeynut, and welcome from a fellow noob!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi hockeynut and welcome to the Forum. Enjoy the 505 cubed
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post

Well done. Great way to help your kids enjoy reading.

I am one of those readers that has multiple books going at the same time and when I don't know what I want to read, I have plenty of choice on my 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote