Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want to buy a Bookeen eink reader?
I would pay no more than $200.00USD 20 21.05%
I would buy two at no more than $200.00USD each 1 1.05%
I would buy three at no more than $200.00USD each 1 1.05%
I would pay no more than $250.00USD 13 13.68%
I would buy two at no more than $250.00USD each 2 2.11%
I would buy three at no more than $250.00USD each 0 0%
I would pay no more than $300.00USD 16 16.84%
I would buy two at no more than $300.00USD each 1 1.05%
I would buy three at no more than $300.00USD each 2 2.11%
I would pay no more than $350.00USD 25 26.32%
I would buy two at no more than $350.00USD each 2 2.11%
I would buy three at no more than $350.00USD each 0 0%
I would pay no more than $400.00USD 10 10.53%
I would buy two at no more than $400.00USD each 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #61
macanima
macanima began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-2 (equiv. of eBookwise 1150)
Lightbulb

Honestly, I don't need a ton of features in my eBook reader. Top 3:

1. Wide array of document formats - RTF, TXT, HTML, and PDF being the ones I'd need most often.

2. Far, far less ghosting per page turn than a Sony Reader. I finally got to look at the Reader hands-on in my local Borders and the amount of flicker per page turn was overwhelming. Of course, I think that someone had started playing an audio file and walked away, and after a minute or two with the Reader's interface I still couldn't figure out how to turn it off, so I went straight to the books - this may have been related.

3. Related to the previous anecdote: an interface that is fairly simple.

4. Okay, I lied, so there's four: a note-taking feature. This is the #1 reason why I'd like to eventually purchase an Iliad; however, the reportedly low battery life and the overload of other features are the reasons why I won't purchase an Iliad (well, that and the oppressively high price tag!).

Basically, I need something that will display whatever I want, display it well, let me flip through it easily, and let me take notes (whether on the document or separately). And doesn't cost too much.

I don't ask for much, do I?

(Also, hi: long-time lurker, first-time poster.)
Old 12-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #62
MWetherspoon
MWetherspoon began at the beginning.

Device: NI-Adam Pixel-QI / IPAD I
Thumbs up

Love the thought - even with having already purchased one of the Sony Readers.

Support for basic formats such as DOC, HTML, RTF, TXT, and PDF.
Replaceable AND/OR very long life battery.
USB interface
SD card slot
Sync with Desktop
Search Capabilities
Bookmarking
Stylus Entry for notetaking(nice to have - could live without)

and:

My one *strong* request would be for a either a heavy duty case or an add on case protector - mine goes everywhere with me - and I'd be getting one plus up to two additional units for deployed family members that are as avid readers as I am - and the whole e-book world has them both drooling with the ability to take a device with their libraries on deployment, but it has to be rugged considering their living conditions....
Advert
Old 12-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #63
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Total tally so far 83 we've got a good ways to go! Notice we have two triples!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #64
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Total tally so far 83 we've got a good ways to go! Notice we have two triples!
Yvan,
This is the second time that my count is different from yours. Do you have 10 hidden somewhere? I count 73.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #65
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to take into account those that woud buy two and those that would buy three.
Advert
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #66
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
New poll

Well, reading through all the replies, the following items were present on the collective wish list (might have missed something):
  • HTML support
  • RTF support
  • PDF support
  • DOC support
  • other formats
  • Memory slot
  • Text Search
  • Bookmarks
  • Replacable battery
  • Battery life
  • USB Interface
  • Hierarchical Browsing
  • Custom/user fonts
  • Orientation & Zooming
  • Touch Screen
  • SDK + Updatable Firrmware
  • Archive support
  • Random seeking
  • Backlight / sidelight
  • Unicode support
  • Ergonomics
  • Annotation & note sync

We need to have a multiple-choice poll on which features are most important for people.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #67
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz
Well, reading through all the replies, the following items were present on the collective wish list (might have missed something):
  • HTML support
  • RTF support
  • PDF support
  • DOC support
  • other formats
  • Memory slot
  • Text Search