Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirari View Post
That's awesome, how much did it cost you?
It was 85 bucks (Canadian). I know that's a bit steep, but I know that it's genuine leather and will last a heck of a lot longer than the reader itself.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Cables To Go hard case idea

The pics below show a Cables To Go case that contained Sandisk MP3 connectors. This will provide hard protection for the Sony PRS-505. It feels like this case has hard plastic in the front and back covers, offering great protection. I've seen these cases sold containing other types of connectors and cables, not just Sandisk's.

Pics show
1. Closed case
2. Opened case with 505 in left side - a tight fit, and also sits tight against the hard outer case, with no cushioning. Not preferred. (Plus you'd need to thin the foam on the right because the case won't close with the 505 there.)
3. Opened case with 505 laid on the right side's foam insert, showing it would fit here if the foam were cut down. Preferred location. Putting some foam in the left cover would offer maximum cushioning.
4. Case's foam, next to Sony A/C adapter, showing that the adaptor is as wide as the foam. I wanted to be able to carry both the reader and the charger, but the foam needs to be cut down, so I guess I can't. (This is why you're getting an "idea" rather than pictures of a working solution, because I'm hesitant to cut the foam, still deciding what to do about a charger, like maybe a PSP charger would be slimmer, or just be satisfied carrying a USB cable.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CablesToGoClosed.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	29619   Click image for larger version

Name:	CablToGoLeftFit.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	29620   Click image for larger version

Name:	CablesToGoWouldFitRight.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	29621   Click image for larger version

Name:	CablesToGoChargerWidth.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	29622  
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
here is a place selling 505 cases, zipper and all

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/Product...mor505&click=2
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #19
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Wow, so many great ideas! I particularly like the one from extremeinkjet and the custom leather. Hmmm, might have to invest in some leather art if Oberon doesn't come up with something acceptable soon.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #20
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
These are all great ideas! Some moderator should sticky this thread so we can keep adding to it as new things come out.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #21
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I agree - I finding that I spent more hours trying to find posts on covers and cases than I did reading which sort of defeated the purpose. Hers hoping that they listen.
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #22
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I have a vaja ivolution case for my iphone and it is one of the best cases ever. If they were to make one for the 505 i think i would just about sell my soul for it!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I have a vaja ivolution case for my iphone and it is one of the best cases ever. If they were to make one for the 505 i think i would just about sell my soul for it!
I sent them an email asking if they plan to offer ebook reader covers for devices such as the Kindle 2, Sony PRS 505, etc. It will be interesting to see what their response is.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #24
Cassy
Zealot

I sent them an email asking the same thing yesterday

Fingers crossed!

I also had a really close look at my 505 and it would be really nice if they could do a case that hugs the device without need for velcro or straps or plastic tabs- like how the iphone case just fits snugly around the phone.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #25
F1Wild
Addict

Just received a reply from Vaja - not a positive one:

Hi,

At present that model is not in our immediate manufacturing plans.

Anyway, thank you very much for your interest in our cases

Best regards,

Maria Cecilia
García Querol
Customer Care Department
www.vajachoice.com
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #26
Cassy
Zealot