Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
Junto026
Junto026 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Auto-Email Books Added from Readarr

I use Readarr to find and download content. It is integrated with my Calibre server. My setup successfully finds content, downloads it, then imports it to both Readarr and Calibre.

Is there a way to trigger the auto-email feature when books are added this way? My email configuration successfully converts and emails books if I trigger it manually but I cannot get it to automatically email when new books are added via Readarr integration.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no idea what readarr integration does. But you can always manually email by using the calibre-smtp command in your scripts.
Advert
Old 03-19-2023, 12:15 AM   #3
Junto026

I’ll dig into how the download is passed to Calibre in case it helps confirm if it’s possible to trigger the auto email when content is added that way. A script is a great suggestion I’ll look into how that can work for my configuration, too.
Old 03-19-2023, 12:38 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Is that the Readarr program used for collecting books from Usenet and BitTorrent sources?
Old 03-21-2023, 10:56 AM   #5
Junto026

Yes Readarr searches Usenet and BitTorrent indexers for content. Once retrieved, it adds it to the Calibre library.

It looks like Readarr adds content to the Calibre library by using the HTTP API running on the Calibre Content Server (default port 8081). Is there a way to use the built-in plugin to automatically email books that are added this way? If not, what would be the simplest way to add that functionality? I'm unsure if a custom plugin or script can be automatically run when content is added via that API.
Advert
Old 03-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[While Bit Torrents and USNET can have legal uses. There is less than legal uses of these as well. There are other, legal, Public domain sites

Moderator Notice
MR Policy is to not allow posts to provide help with Piracy.

Closed Thread

Tags
email to kindle