Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #46
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
And the latest news: my order has just gone into "dispatched". Received this email at 01:08 -

Dear Snowman

Thank you for placing your order with WHSmith Retail Ltd. We are pleased to confirm that the following items from your order xxxxxxxx have been dispatched and should be delivered within approximately 1-2 working days.

Order Details items 1 - 1 of 1:

Product Title: Cybook Gen3 eBook Reader
Product Code/ISBN: 90010859
Sold by: WHSmith UK
Price: £149.99
Quantity: 1

So looking good! Just need to see whether it's the basic or deluxe package. For comparison, I've just checked, and find that

Pixmania's price (basic model + delivery) = £276
Bookeen's price (basic model + delivery) = £280
Bookeen's price (deluxe + delivery) = £360
WHSmith (still £150, free delivery, out-of-stock, 4 weeks lead time).
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That really is a quite amazing bargain. I'm still half-convinced that they've messed up the price .
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #48
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Quite frankly, so am I
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #49
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Bah!

They only deliever domestic. Thatäs to bad, would have ordered one as a gift for wifey otherwise.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes, mine too. So they did have more than one!

The email was sent around 1am this morning, and confirms the price of £149.99. I've just retrieved it from my spam filter!

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
And the latest news: my order has just gone into "dispatched".
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 05:35 AM   #51
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
mine's showing 'waiting stock' now so could be a while .. but once yours start to arrive at least I'll really believe it!! ..

what a bargain! ..

Loopy
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #52
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Just as well you all ordered, they just put up the price now £179.99 still cheap but not as good as before.....
Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #53
kalpesh
kalpesh began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
Just as well you all ordered, they just put up the price now £179.99 still cheap but not as good as before.....
the same thing happen with me i show 149.99 then hour after i think let go for it then i show 179.99 does any one know the cybook from WHSmith store include cover?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #54
fleaaaaaa
Enthusiast
fleaaaaaa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Got one

Ordered one yesterday at the price of £149.99 its gone up to £179.99 now!

I think it would be very misleading to show a cover and headphones and not deliver it with them......... so I'm hoping it's all there it said four weeks or more so my order has been confirmed but not dispatched.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #55
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
How is it possible that they offer the cybook at half price as anywhere else?? Supposedly ebooks are as expensive as they are because there is ony one or a few manufacturers of the e-ink screens but this just makes me think that there's another reason, it's all about money. I just cannot believe that W.H Smith sells for less than it costs them, they surely also have their benefit....

What would the real cost price of a cybook be?? I'm glad for all of you who have been able to order for 149 pounds but I feel a bit cheated as I paid the full price.

anahid (Spain)
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We know that the cost of the screen + controller is under €120 (£96) because that's what Bookeen charge to replace the screen, and I'm sure they aren't doing it at a loss. How much does the rest of the machine cost? I don't know - shall we guess €20? That would put the cost price of the machine at about €140 (£110-ish).
Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #57
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We know that the cost of the screen + controller is under €120 (£96) because that's what Bookeen charge to replace the screen, and I'm sure they aren't doing it at a loss. How much does the rest of the machine cost? I don't know - shall we guess €20? That would put the cost price of the machine at about €140 (£110-ish).
There have been no reports that they replace the machine. People seems to get new machines instead.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

So do you reckon that the cost of the complete machine is under €120?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #59
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Even with 10€ for sending the reader, and selling it for 350 €, that makes a 57% profit in every sell…

Wow!!! I want have a deal like this one too!
Way to go Bookeen!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Don't forget that the €350 includes 19.6% French VAT.
Closed Thread