Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #31
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
...all ordered with WHSmith and had an order confirmation thru!
Was that an email confirmation? I only ask as I haven't had my order confirmed by email yet, which is a bit odd 24 hrs after placing the order...

I get an 'order confirmation' web page with an order number on it, so I assume it's all gone through - might phone customer services later today and check.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Was that an email confirmation? I only ask as I haven't had my order confirmed by email yet, which is a bit odd 24 hrs after placing the order...
Did the system say that it would send you an e-mail? Not all ordering system do.
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 02:24 AM   #33
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I haven't had an email confirmation yet either. However, checking on-line in the "My Account" web pages, my order is listed, with status still listed as "In Despatch Process".

Paul

Quote:

I get an 'order confirmation' web page with an order number on it, so I assume it's all gone through - might phone customer services later today and check.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 AM   #34
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did the system say that it would send you an e-mail? Not all ordering system do.
Yes, they say an email will be sent. But like pdurant, the order shows up under 'my account' as 'in progress' so I guess it's OK. Actually, thinking about it I didn't get an email from them confirming my registration details either, so maybe they're all running a bit slow at the moment.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #35
petermillard
Evangelist

Quick update - I just spoke to WHS customer services (yes my order's all in place, no probs...) and according to whoever I spoke to, it does come with a cover and charger - though they couldn't tell me if it's the leather cover or not. Still, that's a really good price!
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #36
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:

yup .. an e-mail confirmation .. almost as soon as the order finished .. with the order number .. I did notice at the bottom tho that they have their disclaimer that a contract isn't entered into until my credit card is debited (when they send the goods) ..

still hopeful but not holding my breath!

Loopy
Old 09-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #37
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Quick update - I just spoke to WHS customer services (yes my order's all in place, no probs...) and according to whoever I spoke to, it does come with a cover and charger - though they couldn't tell me if it's the leather cover or not. Still, that's a really good price!
yikes!! this price includes a case too?!!?? .. I paid £249 for my original Cybook and another £30 for the cover! ..

Trying to tell everyone I know who's shown interest in the past!!

Loopy
Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #38
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Do they sell it for this price in their Brick&Mortar stores or just through internet?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #39
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
I think you can collect from their bricks&mortar stores if you order over the internet, but I don't believe the stock the Cybook. Certainly I didn't notice anything about it in the WHSmith I was in over the weekend (though I didn't ask).

A very tempting offer...

(Must..... resist... adding.... to.... ebook device... collection.....)
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #40
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I think you can collect from their bricks&mortar stores if you order over the internet, but I don't believe the stock the Cybook. Certainly I didn't notice anything about it in the WHSmith I was in over the weekend (though I didn't ask).

A very tempting offer...

(Must..... resist... adding.... to.... ebook device... collection.....)
I am Cybook of Borg, resistance is futile... you will... oh never mind....
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #41
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
yikes!! this price includes a case too?!!??
And USB charger. And SD Card. And earphones.
(apparently)
See other post here.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I hope your Customer Service chap had the info correct.

Hopefully I'll find out for sure soon, but so far my order status is still at "In Despatch Process" and stubbornly not changing to "Despatched" :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
And USB charger. And SD Card. And earphones.
(apparently)
See other post here.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #43
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
And interestingly the web page now lists delivery in around 4 weeks again.
Still, better late than never. I got my email "confirmation of order received" promptly, but the site does say they will only debit your card and email you when delivery is imminent. (4weeks?)

Howard
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #44
petermillard
Evangelist

Just received this WHS:-

"Thank you for placing your order ref. 1234567 with WHSmith.co.uk. We apologise that we have not yet been able to fulfil your order for the product(s) listed below.

Please be assured that we will continue to try and obtain this item(s) for you, and will not debit payment until your order is ready to be dispatched."

Maybe they really didn't have that much stock; we'll see.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #45
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Just received this WHS:-

"Thank you for placing your order ref. 1234567 with WHSmith.co.uk. We apologise that we have not yet been able to fulfil your order for the product(s) listed below.

Please be assured that we will continue to try and obtain this item(s) for you, and will not debit payment until your order is ready to be dispatched."

Maybe they really didn't have that much stock; we'll see.
just got the same email .. wondering if the next one will be 'sorry but we can't get them, thanks for your custom and we look forward to serving you in the future!' ..

Still hoping ...
Loopy
Closed Thread