Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #46
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
the Mobipocket viewer now supports tables.
Weird, I tested tables in a mobipocket file a few weeks ago (so on the old firmware) and they were displayed fine.
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #47
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
All my tables displayed fine before the update too.

I think you had to create them using the <td> and <tr> tags for filling. Although align and cellpadding were ignored.

The only bug that affected me was the large cover image problem.

I haven't got round to upgrading yet. I wanted to see some comments here first.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 AM   #48
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
After a few more hours of reading , I change my mind slightly from earlier thoughts ; I now find the page turning button event to be less responsive than before ..
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #49
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Isn't it a good thing to have bugs fixed before new features added so what you have works? I would say yes it is a good thing to fix all the bugs and then work on adding new features.
This is not always true. I can live with missing page turns easily but the lack of a directory view is much more annoying. Also if the event handling is really hard to get correct then maybe they have the wrong person doing it and that persons time would be better spent implementing a directory view (or page number display!).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #50
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
With all due respect, Derek, it's a little unreasonable (IMHO) to consider the lack of a feature not in the machine's spec a "bug" merely because you think that it ought to be there. It would be different if a folder view was specified and then not implemented, but that's not the case.
Where do you in the spec find that the navigation should work as bad as it does now? The spec seems to say you can have a lot of books on the device and still be able to use it.
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't misunderstand me - I too would love to have a folder view. To me, however, a "bug" is a feature which is present, but not working as described. A missing feature is an "enhancement request", not a bug. Do you consider features missing from your own software to be "bugs"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #52
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please don't misunderstand me - I too would love to have a folder view. To me, however, a "bug" is a feature which is present, but not working as described. A missing feature is an "enhancement request", not a bug. Do you consider features missing from your own software to be "bugs"?
If the spec says "you can have thousands of books on the device" then the current software have a bug since you really cannot do it. The feature to store thousands of books on the SD card is present but it is not working as described.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #53
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do you consider features missing from your own software to be "bugs"?
Yes, sometimes. It depends on the details.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If the spec says "you can have thousands of books on the device" then the current software have a bug since you really cannot do it. The feature to store thousands of books on the SD card is present but it is not working as described.
But does the spec say that? I know it's what some people would like to do, but if it's not what the device was designed for, then it can't be described as a bug if it doesn't do it very well.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #55
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
But does the spec say that? I know it's what some people would like to do, but if it's not what the device was designed for, then it can't be described as a bug if it doesn't do it very well.
Well, their FAQ does: http://www.bookeen.com/faq/ebook-general.aspx, question 8. It mentions 2 GB (SD card) as being '10 000 standard books in Mobipocket, HTML or Text format'.

Talking about specs, at least one change in the new hardware is that the internal flash is now 512 MB. Same FAQ question, and also in the hardware specs, http://www.bookeen.com/specs/ebook-hardware.aspx)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #56
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I won't complain about what the upgrade doesn't do. But evidently Bookeen has a much different idea of "a few seconds" for holding down the "Enter" key. It took me several attempts before I discovered that I had to hold the key down for several seconds.

Hope this helps others who haven't yet installed the upgrade.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #57
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I won't complain about what the upgrade doesn't do. But evidently Bookeen has a much different idea of "a few seconds" for holding down the "Enter" key. It took me several attempts before I discovered that I had to hold the key down for several seconds.

Hope this helps others who haven't yet installed the upgrade.
I just kept the button depressed until something changed on the screen - and it worked for me ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #58
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Could you point me to their description of the feature? I'd like to read what they specifically promised, that's not working now.

As I see it, you can have thousands of ebooks on the device presently, so that feature is working as described. If current way of managing them does not suit your personal requirements, well, I didn't see them saying it would please everyone. Perhaps I missed something in the description on their webpage...
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #59
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Could you point me to their description of the feature? I'd like to read what they specifically promised, that's not working now.
Note my "If the spec...". It was a conditional statement. They did not say anything about this in the spec section.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #60
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Note my "If the spec...". It was a conditional statement. They did not say anything about this in the spec section.
So you are arguing purely for the sake of arguing then?
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote