Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Are all WH Smiths selling the new models?

Does anyone know if all WH Smith stores (at least those that have current models) will be getting the new models

I was in my local store yesterday, and they had a sale on for the current models, saying last few left, but there was no mention of any of the new models (seemed odd as they are due out tomorrow)

store was busy so couldn't get to ask anyone
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
pbrstreetgang42
pbrstreetgang42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
The smiths website has them listed for preorder!, i asked a staff member last week and she did not know for definate if they were stocking them BUT it would seem likely if you could preorder. i am looking to get one myself and hopefully it will be from my local WHSmith

the store was in Wallasey. Merseyside UK
pbrstreetgang42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
rainio
Connoisseur
rainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: none
I think they should all have them. The weekend staff tend not include kobo "experts" who it appears work Mon-Fri so you wouldn't get much info from them.

I've asked re. refund policy and no one at the stores can give me a definite answer.

Can we get a refund within 30 days no questions asked (or will they demand a reason eg. physical problem)?
rainio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
My local branch had no advance warning of the Kobo Vox last year (?).
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Given WH Smith has a deep relationship with Kobo and enjoys a share of royalties from e-book sales their Kobo device sales generate, I can't see them not carrying them. And other people on Mobileread have pre-ordered the devices already.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for replies, I was out in the town this morning but forgot to go into the store as i was passing
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I picked up a Glo from the London Holborn Circus Smiths this morning...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
zaphod42
eBookaholic
zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaphod42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Galaxy S3, Kobo Glo
Loads of Minis but no Glos in Crawley WHSmith Expected in "soon", but not sure when.
zaphod42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Minis and Glos in Eastbourne. No Arcs, although the display mentioned them.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
paulsalter
Fanatic

Nice, looking forward to seeing when I am next near smiths (end of week)

I do fancy the mini to replace reading on my phone
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
My nearest WH Smith has the Glo and Mini in stock, but no demo models and not sure when they'll have any. Instead they've still got the Wireless, Touch and Vox demos on display with the boxes for the Glo and Mini underneath, so not very organised!

Looks like there might be a wait for demo models for us to have a play with.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
catfud
catfud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo, kindle
Bought a Glo in the Haywards Heath (West Sussex) branch this morning; had to ask for one from the back as they hadn't put them out yet, but it was only just after 9am.
The lady in WH Smith, who fetched it, was very helpful and opened a new box to let me turn it on and get a feel for it...great service.
catfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
Minis and Glos in Eastbourne. No Arcs, although the display mentioned them.
They won't have Arcs, those aren't due until an as-yet-unspecified time in November.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Marbouk
Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo glo
I picked up my glo from southwick, Sussex yesterday.
Only had black ones though.
Marbouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
Nilotikus
Nameless Being

Sheffield has them but didn't have them out on display when I went in a few days ago. I just asked casually when an assistant came up to me and found they had a bunch stashed in a cupboard. Perhaps there out now.