Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #46
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
the sony reader comes with a cover. it's nothing fancy, but it does the job. What about cybook? Do I need a protective leather case?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No protective case at all?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #48
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No protective case at all?
The basic Cybook does not include the leather case or the USB-2-AC power adapter. I *think* it doesn't come with earbuds either, but I could be wrong.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:35 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I don't understand is why make people pay for earbuds with the deluxe package when they are going to sound awful and all that is is a waste of money.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 AM   #50
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
What I don't understand is why make people pay for earbuds with the deluxe package when they are going to sound awful and all that is is a waste of money.
I wouldn't know... the MP3 module is *not* included in the v0.99 firmware update - so no playing music while reading ebooks for me.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 02:52 AM   #51
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
just ordered the basic package with extra leather case and celebrating this by registering to this forum.
I am using the Rocket Ebook (and still happy with it) i am looking forward to reading ebooks without the hazzle of "transforming" it into a readable format.

Thanks to MobileRead and all the users for sharing their knowledge and helping each other. I hope, i will be a part of this community soon
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Nobody's "making" anyone pay for anything. You can order your own custom package of the basic reader + whatever accessories you wish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #53
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I wanted the leather case, 2 GB Card and AC charger. The Deluxe package was an extra $10 and I got a spare battery so figured why not. I could care less about the headphones. I don't use the ones that came with my iPod either. :-)
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #54
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
And another Cybook ordered. Cybook + case, order #2833 :-)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #55
horseyride
Enthusiast
horseyride began at the beginning.

Device: none
It snice how many people are leaping ahead on this. If someone who actually had one would post a review, particularly a comparison vs the Sony reader if they could, I think that would be a great
horseyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Well if Bookeen or NAEB would send me a production unit with 1.0 firmware, I would be happy to review it in comparison to the Sony Reader PRS-505.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #57
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
I would hope NAEB would be in the USA so shipping won't be about $23. That is a lot for shipping.
I paid $41 for my sony reader in January. So, $23 is not too expensive (imho).
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It should only cost like $30 for mailing a 2 pound box to the UK including insurance.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #59
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Hey, I've got one question : why isn't this information about the release of the Cybook on the frontpage of Mobileread.com ?
It is not like Mobileread
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #60
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Ok, took the plunge and ordered the Cybook + case total paid £256.10
Order Id: 3064
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote