Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Has anybody seen if we can provide a VAT exemption number? I haven't.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by User1024 View Post
I finally ordered the Cybook, the mistake of 2008 has been fixed,
now puts 2007.

For Ortep: yes, to me the same thing happening. shipping date 28/10/2007.

The orderID of Ortep is 2428, and my orderID is 2553, does this mean that ordered more of 125 people?
I must have ordered immediately before Ortep - my order ID is 2427. (the ID of 32807 is what the payment page showed).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Tried to register with them but Gibraltar isn't on the countries list emailed them and they replied that they're sorry and to check but in an hour
UPDATE: They added my country and checked how much it would cost me the basic and cover and to my surprise they've deducted the VAT
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #34
tobyb
tobyb began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Just ordered a Cybook plus the leather cover! Total with shipping to England was £283.52. Decided against the Deluxe version as I didn't need the other extras.

Also, hello for the first time to everyone here! Thanks for all forum entries, really helped me make my decision to order one. Looking forward to joining in here once I get my Cybook
tobyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
UPDATE: They added my country and checked how much it would cost me the basic and cover and to my surprise they've deducted the VAT
That's right, surely? Gibraltar isn't in the EU, is it?
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #36
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's right, surely? Gibraltar isn't in the EU, is it?
We've been in the EU since 1973 when UK joined as Gib is part of the UK.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Really? I didn't know that . My apologies! I had (wrongly) assumed that Gibraltar had the same legal status as places like the Channel Islands, which, although owned by the UK, are not in the EU.

Looks like Bookeen don't know that Gib's in the EU either
Old 10-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #38
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? I didn't know that . My apologies! I had (wrongly) assumed that Gibraltar had the same legal status as places like the Channel Islands, which, although owned by the UK, are not in the EU.

Looks like Bookeen don't know that Gib's in the EU either
shhhhh....Don't tell them....maybe I should order before they find out
Old 10-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #39
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I can't find it in the English Wikipedia, but I found out in the German version that the EU clause for VAT is not applicable in Gibraltar: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibralt...nerhalb_der_EU

So Bookeen might not have made an error after all

Last edited by IceHand; 10-28-2007 at 03:08 PM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #40
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
I can't find it the English Wikipedia, but I found out in the German version that the EU clause for VAT is not applicable in Gibraltar: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibralt...nerhalb_der_EU

So Bookeen might not have made an error after all
Cool thx for the info, I'll bear it in mind the next time I order online and they add the vat I'll send them the wiki link
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would hope NAEB would be in the USA so shipping won't be about $23. That is a lot for shipping.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #42
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Try to order something from Dell. They charge 89 Euro for shipping in Europe
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #43
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would hope NAEB would be in the USA so shipping won't be about $23. That is a lot for shipping.
Stop complaining, Jon , ordering a Gen3 to Germany costs 525 USD including shipping, that's a lot.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #44
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
kind of a stupid question. But do you need the leather case. What does the cybook come with if you don't order it?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #45
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I ordered the Deluxe and it was order 2420. They do seem to be sequential.

r/e the Case according to the "What's in the box" for the basic reader there is no case.
What's in the Box?
The box of the Cybook contains everything you need to get started! Included in the box:

* the Cybook eBook reading device (12 months guarantee)
* USB cable
* Quick start guide
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote