Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #316
peterbrian
peterbrian began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Got mine too !

Just got my Cybook too ! Everything was there, except the extra battery. When I first opened up the leather cover, expecting the Cybook to be in the cover, my stomach dropped, thinking they'd forgottten to include the Cybook itself !

In the end, despite all the worrying, Bookeen managed to get everything correct, even adding the cover which I decided to buy after I'd placed the original order. And they shipped only 3 days later than they had predicted.

A message to dcalder: I hope you give Bookeen a chance to come through - it's been a rough week for everyone waiting. Stick it out a little longer because great things come to those who wait.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good read !

peterbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #317
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrian View Post
A message to dcalder: I hope you give Bookeen a chance to come through - it's been a rough week for everyone waiting. Stick it out a little longer because great things come to those who wait.
And, lo and behold, my Cybook showed up today after all! Delivered by Fedex - despite the fact that the "Alternate Reference" aka Customer P.O. No. on the Fedex documentation still doesn't show up in Fedex's tracking system. Nor does the Air Waybill No. The Tracking No. is the only one that works at all, so, while Bookeen should have ensured that I received the tracking number, they're not the only, nor even the worst, culprit in this particular case. Fedex is the one in need of a big ol' boot-to-the head, not Bookeen!

Bookeen shipped on the 21st, one day later than predicted in their email to me, but I can live with that.

However, I'm not too sure how much good a trackable shipping service like Fedex is when the tracking system doesn't seem to work!?! Fedex told me personally over the phone that they had nothing in the system coming from Bookeen to me - yet, according to the tracking number that does work, the parcel was already in Canada at that point in time.

At least Fedex was fast - from Paris, France to Windsor, ON, Canada in just two & a half days, including the weekend! And Fedex is one heck of a lot cheaper than UPS... seven bucks instead of thirty-plus for customs clearance, plus the duty (none) & taxes (6% GST, 8% PST).

Now, if only I can get the Cybook charged and loaded before it's time to leave for our family Xmas Eve party... I can't wait to show it off!
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #318
peterbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcalder View Post
And, lo and behold, my Cybook showed up today after all! Delivered by Fedex

Now, if only I can get the Cybook charged and loaded before it's time to leave for our family Xmas Eve party... I can't wait to show it off!
What great news ! There seem to be a lot of Canadians interested in the Cybook (I'm just outside of Victoria, BC). I guess Bookeen is filling the gap left by the Kindle (available in US only) and Sony (I don't think Canadians can access Sony eBooks either). I think the Canadian media should get onto this, since all we saw were stories about the Kindle.

Enjoy your Cybook. Merry Christmas. Maybe there really is a Santa Claus.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #319
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wonderful news! Delighted to hear that it's arrived.

Have a great Christmas with your new reader .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #320
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Pictures anyone?
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #321
Nik
Nik began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Got mine with the brown cover!

Order 75xx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #322
screenreader
screenreader began at the beginning.

Hi! I am new in the forum and I wanted to start off with a question about the Cybook delivery.

I bought my Cybook on Dec 19. Some hours before, there was a notice talking about delays in the shipping. Later I saw that there was no notice at all, so I purchased it. A day or two later -can`t recall- the notice was there again, but this time saying that the Cybook was sold out.

My card had been charged, and I received an order confirmation, but I never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed Booken worrying about my order, and telling them that I needed the device before the year ends.

That's 13 days to answer, and still not a word.

Judging from what I've read, they seem not to answer at all, and that makes me unhappy. How can I then be sure when they plan to ship it?? If they knew it was going to sell out, why did they charge my card before sending me a mail asking for permission? I purchased it when there was no notice at all.

I have worked on online shops and I know how they should work. Not like this, I can tell you

Sorry about the moaning, but at this point I am very dissapointed and sad. Just wanted to know if anybody here can tell me why this happened and how can I get in touch with them. Or if anybody from Booken reads this, please mp me with an explanation.

I am from Spain. Order ref. 16443

Thank you for any info.
screenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #323
peterbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenreader View Post
Hi! I am new in the forum and I wanted to start off with a question about the Cybook delivery.

I bought my Cybook on Dec 19. Some hours before, there was a notice talking about delays in the shipping. Later I saw that there was no notice at all, so I purchased it. A day or two later -can`t recall- the notice was there again, but this time saying that the Cybook was sold out.

My card had been charged, and I received an order confirmation, but I never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed Booken worrying about my order, and telling them that I needed the device before the year ends.

That's 13 days to answer, and still not a word.

I am from Spain. Order ref. 16443

Thank you for any info.
I can fill you in a little. To track your order, you use the Order ID (which should be in the email confirming your order), not the Order reference from the credit card transaction. From the order ID's I ve seen on this board, they are 4 digits (mine was 79XX). I don't think they've gone over 10,000 yet.

If you go back through the last few pages of this thread, you'll see how other people have been able to track Fedex shipments, either by phone, or online.

To get in touch with Bookeen, send your emails to all 4 of the following email addresses:
support@bookeen.com, orders@bookeen.com, contact@bookeen.com or shop@bookeen.com

This seems to work better than relying on just one to answer.

Since they are sold out at this time, you may not hear from them until the next shipment arrives in early January.

I know it's frustrating to wait, but I'm extremely happy with my Cybook. I too was not happy with the lack of response from Bookeen, but understand that they've been overwhelmed with the inital flood of orders. But when I finally did get an email saying when it would be shipped, it arrived just when they said it would.

If you have more questions, post a message and I or someone here will do their best to answer.

Good luck.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #324
Widebhoy
Widebhoy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3...soon!
I'm very frustrated with FedEx at the moment! Twice, while in transit back and forth between two local FedEx facilities, they passed through my home town! Please just deliver it!
Widebhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #325
screenreader
screenreader began at the beginning.

Hi!!

First of all, thanks to peterbrian... Seems It's alright thanks to your help!

I first tracked the Fedex number... no luck here. Then I wrote to the four email addresses that you gave me, telling them I'd ask for a refund if I didn't get a notice from them. Sorry to be so harsh... but it worked.

I sent the email at 9:30 AM, and at 11:00 they replied telling me that the order would ship in the evening. At 19:00 I got the mail from Fedex. Seems it will be delivered on Tuesday, but I'll expect it on Wednesday because Tuesday is January 1st -non working.

So thank you again! At least I know what will happen. It really bothers me to have to "give warnings", but seems they left me no choice.

Just to exemplify the opposite situation, when I worked in an online shop, there was a motto: "Customer Care means that the Customer knows that we Care". There was times in which some item had sold out, couldn't be delivered, the parcel was lost... but no customer was angry when we simply called them and told them what had happened, offering them a solution and even a compensation (a little gift, a discount, etc). Seems I spoiled myself with that.

Anyway, when the device arrives I'll make sure to let you know my impressions.

Thank you again.
screenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #326
leeloo
multipass
leeloo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I've had my CyBook for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it. But I got the bill today from Fedex for the Swiss VAT (CHF30 approx.) and Fedex's 'admin charge' - CHF17.00. Oh, well...
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #327
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
I've had my CyBook for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it. But I got the bill today from Fedex for the Swiss VAT (CHF30 approx.) and Fedex's 'admin charge' - CHF17.00. Oh, well...

At least Bookeen kept this in mind when they made the price for Switzerland 295 Euro.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote