Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-11-2023, 08:58 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
ZeroDivisionError:integer division or modulo by zero

Hello @kovidgoyal,

I am coming across a new error shown below.

To replicate...
  1. Alt-F7 for the Check Spelling pop-up box
  2. Place the curson in the "Filter the list of words" box
  3. Type letters so that the list becomes empty.
  4. Press up or down arrow.

Why do I do that? No reason. Sometimes I forget where my cursor is, and expect it to be in the editor and press up or down to move around, but its still in the Check Spelling box.

Code:
calibre, version 6.22.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ZeroDivisionError</b>:integer division or modulo by zero

calibre 6.22  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 1, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 1, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 1, 0) && KFX Input (2, 1, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 0, 0) && KFX Output (2, 0, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 9) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 3) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\tweak_book\spell.py", line 1146, in next_word
  File "calibre\gui2\tweak_book\spell.py", line 865, in next_word
  File "calibre\gui2\tweak_book\spell.py", line 861, in change_current_word_by
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 09:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

I have mine at 5 pixels
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...4286378ae491cc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:26 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Nice. I wonder when MS added the text cursor indicator. Its been a while since I have been in that particular setting page.

Though, I have this installed... https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Mi...ideMouseCursor
It auto-hides the cursor after 4 seconds so its not in the way when I am trying to read or work on documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Great. Thank you
Old 07-11-2023, 10:38 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard

That Text Cursor doesn't seem to work well in Calibre. Nor the thickness which is set to 5.
I guess it is a QT6 issue...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	textcursor.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	202601  
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 02:31 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
That Text Cursor doesn't seem to work well in Calibre. Nor the thickness which is set to 5.
I guess it is a QT6 issue...
Thick insertion point works elsewhere, e.g. filter box in the spellchecker, F2 edits in booklist, "Normal" editing of Comments. I suspect they use the TextEdit widget.

Qt must have a "CodeEdit' widget, because it doesn't work in "HTML" editing of Comments or the Editor Codeview - and Sigil's the same.

Notepad and Bowpad honour the setting, but not Notepad++.

BR
Old 07-12-2023, 02:39 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I wonder when MS added the text cursor indicator. Its been a while since I have been in that particular setting page.
Since Vista

Quote:
Me too.

BR