Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
russdyer
russdyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Chapters Issue

I am trying to use the chapter detection, but in the books I am trying to convert from, they are all TXT files and I have about 90 of these books. The chapters DON'T have a proceeding word such as SECTION OR CHAPTER. The chapters are only in this format: ONE,TWO,THREE,FOUR,FIVE,etc....through chapters formatting like SIXTY-ONE,SIXTY-TWO,SIXTY-THREE,etc...

Is there a way to do this??
russdyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdyer View Post
I am trying to use the chapter detection, but in the books I am trying to convert from, they are all TXT files and I have about 90 of these books. The chapters DON'T have a proceeding word such as SECTION OR CHAPTER. The chapters are only in this format: ONE,TWO,THREE,FOUR,FIVE,etc....through chapters formatting like SIXTY-ONE,SIXTY-TWO,SIXTY-THREE,etc...
Read this thread. Post three has an example text file attached with mark up in it for chapters, take a look.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
chapter detection, words