Old 07-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
fujiwat0601
fujiwat0601 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
New from Japan

Hello! I am new from Japan.
User of iLiad Book Edition.

I think Japanese circumstance are follows:
1. Book publisher is not interested to e-reader because of SONY LIBRIe and Panasonic Sigma-Book, Words-Gear was end up as failure business. Actually there are no Japanese contents for current active e-paper device.
2. Newspaper companies are interested to e-reader because of iLiad are used for Newspaper's real business such as LesEchos, Orange, SFR, NRC.
3. Two Newspaper companies were demonstrated e-paper news on the iLiad, October 2007 and June/July 2008.

I'd like to test Japanese characters.
こんにちは!日本語わかる人、いませんかー?アイレックスのイリアッド・ブックエディションを 買いました。
日本語フォント選べないからLucida Sans Unicodeにしてみた。
fujiwat0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
fujiwat0601

Japanese test in Quote

Here is a test Japanese character inside quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujiwat0601 View Post

1. Book publisher is not interested to e-reader because of SONY LIBRIe and Panasonic Sigma-Book, Words-Gear was end up as failure business. Actually there are no Japanese contents for current active e-paper device.
2. Newspaper companies are interested to e-reader because of iLiad are used for Newspaper's real business such as LesEchos, Orange, SFR, NRC.
3. Two Newspaper companies were demonstrated e-paper news on the iLiad, October 2007 and June/July 2008.

引用の中でも大丈夫かな?よく問題になる、「表示」はどうかな?

Last edited by fujiwat0601; 07-30-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
fujiwat0601

Text of Japanese Title 日本語タイトルのテスト

It looks very good. Hope Japnese forum!!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
fujiwat0601

Test of Quick Reply.
クイックリプライでの日本語表示テストです。

Last edited by fujiwat0601; 07-30-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
OK .... I had some trouble making out what you were saying. However, your English is a hell of a lot better than my Japanese (which is non-existant).

I got the sense of it though, I think. Did you mean to say that since prior ebook readers were a failure, there is now no Japanese content for ereaders?
And, that the Iliad is now being demonstrated in Japan and has the ability to display Japanese characters?

Well .... if so, then good!! I would think as technologically savvy as the people of Japan are, there would be a ton of ebook readers and content for them.

Also glad to see that the characters display nicely here. I do hope they start up a Japanese language forum here.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
fujiwat0601

Hello!
There is now no Japanese content for *current available* ereaders.
"Current" means almost foreign ereaders.
There is one ereader in Japan, it is Fujitsu FLEPia. However there is no contents for it....Sorry I think someone say XMDF contents will be available on FLIEPia. I do not know whethere it is already released or not.
iLiad can display Japanese character in the PDF, with embeded font. It is beautiful!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Hello!
There is now no Japanese content for *current available* ereaders.
"Current" means almost foreign ereaders.
There is one ereader in Japan, it is Fujitsu FLEPia. However there is no contents for it....Sorry I think someone say XMDF contents will be available on FLIEPia. I do not know whethere it is already released or not.
iLiad can display Japanese character in the PDF, with embeded font. It is beautiful!
Hold on .... a Japanese company makes an ebook reader and there's no content for it?? Ouch!!

In that case, I am really glad that the Iliad can display PDF so well. I never for a minute thought that publishers would ignore the entire Japanese market. Now I'm certain that the publishing companies must be completely ignorant.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi fujiwat0601 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, fujiwat0601. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it. I have a Cybook Gen3 and you can read in Japanese on that. Also. There are a few websites with Japanese Ebooks that you can buy as well as free ones. I will find them and post htem here.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ebooks in にほんご

Quote:
Test of Quick Reply.
クイックリプライでの日本語表示テストです。
Fujiwat san, Here are a few links to some Japanese ebooks:

http://www.aozora.gr.jp/

ttp://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/ja
Old 08-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
fujiwat0601

Hidari-san, you are Japanese! nice.
Thank you for the information.
I know aozora.gr.jp aozora-bunko.
All the contents are free and it is a classic book.
I think more kind of books are needed to raize ebook market up.

BTW, you live in Sapporo.
Did you see Hokkaido-Newspaper's experimental e-paper news on the iLiad?

I have some people who want to create user community of iLiad and other e-reading device. You have a Cybook. So I'd like to know your opinion. What do you think about user community on the web site in Japanese language, to exchange discussion. Please tell me.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #13
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

I am trying to work out if it is possible to have Japanese Text working on the Sony ebook reader.

This is because I intend to start studying Japanese again.

So I hope a new forum starts for this as well as I believe ebooks would be great for language learning.

Last edited by shousa; 08-03-2008 at 11:08 PM.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
hidari
MR Drone

Wink

Yes. In Sapporo. But not Nihonjin.. Sumahen.. Gaikokujin desu. I speak Japanese. I am improving My Kanji. A Japanese Forum would be interesting. Do you know any websites that Sell ebooks in Japan?

hidari

Quote:
Hidari-san, you are Japanese! nice.
Thank you for the information.
I know aozora.gr.jp aozora-bunko.
All the contents are free and it is a classic book.
I think more kind of books are needed to raize ebook market up.

BTW, you live in Sapporo.
Did you see Hokkaido-Newspaper's experimental e-paper news on the iLiad?

I have some people who want to create user community of iLiad and other e-reading device. You have a Cybook. So I'd like to know your opinion. What do you think about user community on the web site in Japanese language, to exchange discussion. Please tell me.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #15
raptor_tk
raptor_tk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie
Quote:

初めまして、オーストラリア人で、リブリエを愛用しています。
日本のライトノベルと漫画に非常に興味を持っているので、リブリエで読んでいる本は殆ど日本語の本しかあり ません。

これでかなり満足していますが、彩色が表示できる電子本デバイスが欲しいです。

Hello, I'm an Australian who uses a Sony Librie.
Since I enjoy reading Japanese light novels and manga, my library on the Librie consists mainly of Japanese books.

I am quite happy with my Librie, but I am also interested in getting a japanese capable colour ebook reader in the future.
raptor_tk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ブックエディション