Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #481
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@vlad59:
Yours is the perfect solution if you have Owncloud and COPS on the same server. However i got the impression that darkmiss is using an Owncloud on a (remote) server and has COPS installed "locally".

I have problems uploading directories (with or without content) to my Owncloud. Single files are ok. I really have to read the documentation and/or upgrade to a newer version of Owncloud. But that is for when I put together a new Linux server.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #482
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@mariosipad

About your off topic stuff. It's impossible to upload a directory into Owncloud (or any other webapp) with most browsers. In Owncloud 5 there a message that warn you about it.

From what I read, it should be possible with Chrome but I never tried it myself. I use NetDrive or Owncloud Sync to synchronize folders.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #483
darkmiss
darkmiss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@vlad59:
Yours is the perfect solution if you have Owncloud and COPS on the same server. However i got the impression that darkmiss is using an Owncloud on a (remote) server and has COPS installed "locally".
No actually they are both on the same Server .. and this may well the solution to my problem. I wasn't aware that I didn't have to enter the web address but the internal address, but thinking about it, it's logical. I'll try as soon as I have access to a proper
Computer and let you know the outcome. Meanwhile thanks a lot

Ingrid
darkmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #484
cr45h
cr45h began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Hi I have a problem. I installed the Synocommunity version of COPS through the package manager but I get a database error.

-----------------------------------------
You've been redirected because COPS is not configured properly
Database error
Check if GD is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
File /volume1/books/metadata.db not found, Please check
Value of $config['calibre_directory'] in config_local.php
Value of open_basedir in your php.ini
The access rights of the Calibre Database
Synology users please read this
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'safe_mode/open_basedir prohibits opening /volume1/books/metadata.db' in /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php:117 Stack trace: #0 /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php(117): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/volume1...') #1 {main}
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'safe_mode/open_basedir prohibits opening /volume1/books/metadata.db' in /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php:130 Stack trace: #0 /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php(130): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/volume1...') #1 {main}
-----------------------------------------

I'm not sure what to do. The database file is located in /volume1/books/ so COPS should be able to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks!
cr45h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #485
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@cr45h

Have you modified open_basedir like stated in the message and followed the link ?
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #486
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
That's an awful lot of error messages
Which version of DSM are you running and do you have web-services enabled ? Also check under the PHP settings if GD extension is enabled ...

Last edited by Goner; 06-26-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #487
vlad59
Addict

@Goner

No he simply forgot to update open_basedir. The message is pretty clear :

Quote:
Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'safe_mode/open_basedir prohibits opening /volume1/books/metadata.db' in /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php
Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #488
cr45h
cr45h began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@Goner

No he simply forgot to update open_basedir. The message is pretty clear :
Thanks. That was it.
cr45h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #489
darkmiss

Hello again,

I moved one step forward, because I found out that my syntax was wrong. But now I get the same message as cr45h, meaning that Cops cannot find my database.

COPS is installed in the directory "cops" directly in the main directory

main/cops

and the metadata db is in an owncloud directory

main/owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/

Everything is on a remote server.

So how do I get the address right?

I tried './owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/'
as well as replacing the blank in "Calibre Library" with %20

Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #490
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmiss View Post

I tried './owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/'
Can you try:
Code:
../owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/
Use ../owncloud (2 dots)
instead of ./owncloud (1 dot)

Did this help?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #491
darkmiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post

Did this help?
Yes. Thank you so much.

There still is an error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/webd/b1/65/5532965/htdocs/cops-0.5.0/config_local.php:28) in /xxx/webd/b1/65/5532965/htdocs/cops-0.5.0/index.php on line 28

But I can see the COPS start page and can also go down to the information about the individual books. I cannot open or download the ebooks, however, I get a "forbidden" message.

Is this some login-issue of OwnCloud?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #492
mariosipad
Guru

@darkmiss

What exactly is on line 28 of config_local.php?

Please post here. (Or post the whole config_local.php)
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #493
darkmiss

Here's my config-local.php:

if (!isset($config))

$config = array();

/*

* The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories

* containing all the formats.

* BEWARE : it has to end with a /

*/

$config['calibre_directory'] = '../owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/';

/*

* Catalog's title

*/

$config['cops_title_default'] = "COPS";

/*

* use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog

* See README for more information

* 1 : enable

* 0 : disable

*/

$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";

There is nothing excapt 2 square symbols in line 28
Old 06-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #494
darkmiss

I deleted the empty lines (including the squares). Now the error message is gone, but I still get no access to the epub-files.

I assume it has to do with the owncloud directories being protected from public access. Does cops have to run in a subdirectory of owcloud?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #495
mariosipad
Guru

With what "reader" are you connecting to COPS on your remote server?

Can you try with a browser, preferably firefox?

When exactly are you getting the error?

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology