Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
joshbutcher
joshbutcher began at the beginning.

Device: ebw1150
EBW locked in "theater demo" mode

I was playing with my ebw trying to see what all it did. I saw the theater mode in settings and turned it on. Now when I turn the ebw on it opens an ebook and i cant get out of it. I cant go to my bookshelf or settings. All it will do is go through the book, rotate screen and turn off and on. How do I get out of it? I reset it and nothing changed.
joshbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbutcher View Post
I was playing with my ebw trying to see what all it did. I saw the theater mode in settings
Try following our EBookwise-1150 wiki instructions (under Fixing Stuff) on how to access that hidden mode that got you to see that Theater Mode in the first place, i.e.
Code:
4. Here is how to un-register (refurbish) your device when you sell it.

1. Power off the device
   2. Hold down the previous page button (bottom button when held in left hand)
   3. Power on device
   4. Continue holding down the previous page until the eBook boots into the Bookshelf
   5. Tap the Menu icon (the upper left "eBook guy" icon)
   6. Tap the "info" soft menu item
   7. Tap "more"
   8. Tap "more"
Don't do step 9. or beyond as this will reset your ebookwise device name.

As I've NEVER turned on Theater Mode, I don't know if this will work. If it does, then turn off Theater Mode or enable normal operations.

If all else fails, call ETI/ebookwise support, they should be able to help.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I have turned on Theater Mode and it does lock you into a specific book until turned off again. I have always assumed it was intended for store displays or when the reader is lent out from a library.

Just follow Nick's instructions and turn it off again.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote