Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Light a Virtual Candle

Click image for larger version

Name:	060914_Joukowsky-candle-lig.jpg
Views:	3251
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	33271

This is a thread where we can light a virtual candle so as to show sympathy for bereaved or sick members, and those whom we hold in our thoughts and prayers.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Along with many forum members I wwas touched by Griffonwing's (Anthony's) recent thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52039

This candle is in memoriam for his brother, Aaron, and with deep sympathy for his family.

Name:	memorial-candle-778080.jpg
Views:	6969
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	33272
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader

And for Carld, who has lost his mother.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52104
Our thoughts are with him.

Name:	060914_Joukowsky-candle-lig.jpg
Views:	2453
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	33276
Old 07-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  blue_candle.gif
Views: 19647
Size:  7.7 KB For Anthony and Carl.

My heartfelt condolences to you both, and my prayers for strength and comfort for you and your families.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
For Anthony and Carl........with love.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2 candles.jpg
Views:	3061
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	33280  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Oh, serious crap! What an awful thing to have happen to the both of them. Losing my mom put me in a depression for ages. I hate to think how I'm going to feel when my sister goes.

I feel for the both of them. I don't have any virtual candles anywhere, and would rather not copy from someone else, so just consider one lit.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad

For Griffonwing, Carld, and the Mod who going through a difficult time right now.

We miss you!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

For Griffonwing, Carld, and the Mod who needs privacy right now.

We miss you!
OK ... what else have I missed lately???
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
For Anthony, Carld and Mod. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Name:  triple candle.jpg
Views: 16565
Size:  2.0 KB

God Bless you all.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what a lovely and thoughtful idea, patricia. i know a lot of our members have been dealing with very difficult situations lately and i'm glad we can all show our support and wish them well.

i'd also like to add some candles, for all the people already mentioned and for a few others whom i know are going through a difficult time. one of these candles is also for patricia, with the hope that she'll manage to find a way to save her own and her colleagues' jobs at the university. my thoughts are with all of you.

i got this image from www.freefoto.com, in case anyone else wants to use it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Ricky, My dad is dying. I've spent the week at the hospital, working with the doctors to get them to remove the ET that they put in when he crashed during his endoscopy. He has been hell on wheels against "pipes and tubes" since he first learned about them when I was in Jr Hi. They took him off the respirator this afternoon and he's breathing on his own now, but slipping away. I tend not to talk to people about this, and have posted mere hints at it in other threads. I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ricky, My dad is dying. I've spent the week at the hospital, working with the doctors to get them to remove the ET that they put in when he crashed during his endoscopy. He has been hell on wheels against "pipes and tubes" since he first learned about them when I was in Jr Hi. They took him off the respirator this afternoon and he's breathing on his own now, but slipping away. I tend not to talk to people about this, and have posted mere hints at it in other threads. I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
I'm really sad to hear this, but I'm glad that you are fighting for his wishes, as tough as that may be. Hang in there, OK? You and your father are in my thoughts.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
let us pray for everyone in the world. let us all give peace a chance.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
...I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
We're all just standing real close next to you...not saying anything, you know, just hanging 'round, shooting the breeze, but if you happen to need to lean a bit, take the weight off, well, that's no biggie, we'll just stand firm and keep up the idle chatter...
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #15
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I lit some candles, sharing your sorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	candles burning.jpg
Views:	1862
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	33316  
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote