Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
AFB
AFB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300

I just received a second-hand PRS-300 from a friend. I have a Mac Book Pro, had not trouble installing the software and using it, however the e reader itself will not communicate with the soft ware. It's not locked and the Sony instructions have not been helpful! It appears on the list within the soft ware but is named 'error'. I can successfully open and install ebooks on the same device using calibre. I would really like to buy some books from the sony store before I go away though!

Thanks!
AFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It isn't necessary to use Sony's software to buy books any more....they sell from their website now.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
You can also buy books from kobo. That is where I buy most of my books.

edit to add:

If your not familiar with calibre I'd wait to use kobo until you get it and get used to it. Not before a trip.

Last edited by laughingdragons; 07-23-2013 at 02:19 AM.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Make sure that calibre is not remaining open in the background. Only one program can connect to the Sony Reader at the same time.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote