Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
John Scalzi / Ghost Brigades

For those of you interested...

Today I noticied that the entire OMW trilogy is available for sale on Sony's Connect store.

Old Man's War (Former free Tor book) - $11.65
The Ghost Brigades (Not available on Fictionwise) - $12.60
The Last Colony - $12.60
Zoe's Tale - $17.46

Fictionwise//
Old Man's War (Mobi only) - $12.95/11.01
The Last Colony (Mobi only) - $14.00/11.90
Zoe's Tale (Mobi only) - $24.95/21.21
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks, Jaxx. This reminded me to check for Scalzi's books. I liked Old Man's War but was disappointed when none of the other books in the series were available as ebooks and subsequently lost interest. This has repeaked my interest.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yep, and I bought them all. I thought Ghost Brigades and The Last Colony lacked something from Old Man's War. They were satisfying, good reads, but the "surprise" factor was missing. Maybe it's one of those tricks you can only pull once. The rabbit was out of the hat, and Ghost Brigades and The Last Colony was like watching the rabbits hop around.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey... I was wondering if anyone is aware of where an Australian could get an electronic version of "The Ghost Brigades"? Diesel Books had Old Man's War, and I'm able to download that (and immensely enjoy it btw)... but they don't have TGB. Every other place that has TGB doesn't let an aussie download it.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Hey... I was wondering if anyone is aware of where an Australian could get an electronic version of "The Ghost Brigades"? Diesel Books had Old Man's War, and I'm able to download that (and immensely enjoy it btw)... but they don't have TGB. Every other place that has TGB doesn't let an aussie download it.
I'm assuming Pan Macmillan will sell to you...
http://www.panmacmillan.com/Titles/d...International=

...and last I checked it's DRM free.

NOTE: They call PDF "Adobe eReader" and ePub "Adobe Digital Editions" according to their site.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm assuming Pan Macmillan will sell to you...
http://www.panmacmillan.com/Titles/d...International=

...and last I checked it's DRM free.

NOTE: They call PDF "Adobe eReader" and ePub "Adobe Digital Editions" according to their site.
Cheers AnemicOak... just got it then. I did notice this site before, but the "Abode Digital Editions" file type threw me off. Didn't realise it was just epub.

Thanks once again

*edit* Well that was a damn good book too...

Last edited by mukoan; 11-15-2009 at 03:52 PM.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
It's odd, but I had been hunting for this book for a while when I found this post. It is no longer in the Sony store and I could not find it in either Kobo or Fictionwise. In fact, the only place I did find it at was some Brit store called Foyles, which could not process my card info...I thought all was lost until the good folks here at mobileread pointed me towards Pan Macmillan! Thanks guys.

I wonder why this book, the second in the series, is not more widely available...
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote