Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Mithradyr
Enthusiast
Mithradyr doesn't litterMithradyr doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Reading Stats Inaccurate

Has anyone else been having issues with their Kobo Touch reporting inaccurate reading stats? I've had mine since it released here in Canada, but somehow my Touch states that I've read for a total of 185.8 hours which is obviously impossible... Anybody else having any similar problems?
Mithradyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithradyr View Post
Has anyone else been having issues with their Kobo Touch reporting inaccurate reading stats? I've had mine since it released here in Canada, but somehow my Touch states that I've read for a total of 185.8 hours which is obviously impossible... Anybody else having any similar problems?
Have you read on any other devices using Kobo apps? i.e. iphone, android, etc?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Mithradyr
Enthusiast

No, this is my first ereading device. The reading stats seem to be fluctuating wildly. My total hours have also been reported as 165 and 139 within the past five minutes. My "in progress" reading stats have also fluctuated between the twenties and the forties for hours read on the same book. I may try a factory reset to see if this will solve the problem, although I'd rather find out what is actually causing it...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
What are your sleep/power off settings? If you walk away from it with the book still on it thinks you're reading that page...extra slowly.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Mithradyr
Enthusiast

It's set to sleep after 15 minutes and turn off after an hour. Even if I had left it on since I bought it, it still wouldn't explain the hours fluctuating. It's now sitting at 151.1 total hours read.
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Mithradyr
Enthusiast

Alright I did a factory reset and it seems to be tracking the stats properly again. Interestingly, it did not remove my awards in reading life. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone .
Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The awards appear on both my Kobo Touch and my phone, so I guess that they are stored in the Kobo cloud/server for syncing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote