Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Cathy W
Cathy W began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Added Mobi but now I cannot open my PDF books..

Can anyone help??

After many attempts, I managed to add Mobipocket to the Bebook and downloaded a contemporary book - so was very happy.

However, now I cannot open the classics that I downloaded from the Bebook website...I'm at my wits end!
Cathy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Please post the links to the books, so we can try and see - it is possible something is broken in the old software with a new one.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Cathy W

Very happy to - how do I do it?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Cathy W

Sorry to bother you all again but I've just got home from work and decided to clear all my books off the bebook and start again. What I have found is that the only book that I can open is the one that I bought off Mobipocket. Any book that I put onto the Bebook that is free ie from the Gutenberg press cannot be opened. I've never had this problem before so can only put it down to the new update. Any clues on what I can do other than contact Bebook and I am awaiting their reply??
Old 09-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
I would re-update the Firmware 2.00 (that is, I believe, the one with mobipocket-support). It seems for me, that during the update-process something went wrong ... maybe you tried it with really low energy on your BeBook?

If that doesn't have a positive effect - then it is time to contact Endless Ideas, I believe ...
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
I would also check SD card for errors (you can do this easily from right-click menu on SD card letter in My Computer on Windows). Sometimes this can cause problems, reported several times with V3.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
Cathy W

Torbich/Eagleeye,

I love you guys - I re-updated the Firmware and I am now able to read my classics and mobipocket books - thank you so much!! I'm not a computer bod and so all this is confusing but the help that I have received from this forum has been second to none. Thanks again (until next time)!!