Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
question

hy everybody. i have two questions for this beautiful and smart community:
1. is it possible that, when powered on, the aura would open the book currently reading with the font of choice, and not georgia?
and 2nd: is it possible to increase the fonts with 1 unit, not 2?
thank you in advance for your time and for your existence. you are all magnificent
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
My Aura with 2.6.1b firmware remembers the last font I picked and uses it in all epubs that don't embed fonts. All of my books are sideloaded epubs.

Sorry, no idea about the second question.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
My Aura with 2.6.1b firmware remembers the last font I picked and uses it in all epubs that don't embed fonts. All of my books are sideloaded epubs.

Sorry, no idea about the second question.
thank you for the quick answer
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
and 2nd: is it possible to increase the fonts with 1 unit, not 2?
The steps in the font size changes through the range. It can be one two or four. There isn't a way to change this using the device. But the size is stored in two places.

When you adjust the settings when reading a book, the settings are saved in the database and used whenever that book is opened. The settings are also saved in the configuration file ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf". This becomes the default for books opened in the future.

To get the in-between sizes, you can change the value in the file or the database. If you edit the file, look for look for "readingFontSize". If you are using calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin can do the database change for you.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-28-2013 at 10:02 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote