Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
Sony User Survey

I just received an email from Sony seeking user input on the Reader. Here is the link contained in the note:

http://sonystyle-metrics.custhelp.co...3&_143=1071079
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
I went ahead and submitted my two cents
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Me too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Me too. Including the full text of my "Sony Reader physical ergonomics" post. And my dis-ing of the CONNECT store and software as being utterly useless to me due to being Mac-phobic. And the fact that I won't buy any encrypted content for the Sony Reader, so the CONNECT store will remain useless to me even if ported to the Mac -- unless they start offering unencrypted content too. Deep Breath... AND... the fact that I bought it entirely as a better reader for books from Baen (for new works) and Gutenberg (for old), so they're basically irrelevant anyway except for the hardware.

Sony

stepping off of soapbox, and wiping foam from mouth and chin...
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
valkyriesound
Connoisseur
valkyriesound doesn't littervalkyriesound doesn't litter

I filled out the survey....

Please... mention you want pictures in RTFs!

I also put in the additional comments box that they should check out Mobile Read forums for more input! Tell them about Mobile read and maybe they'll take
notice!
valkyriesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesound
Nuts! I forgot to say that. I did link the wishlist thread into the other improvements field, though.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Don't forget to tell them where you heard about the Reader first... Mobileread of course
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:

I also put in the additional comments box that they should check out Mobile Read forums for more input! Tell them about Mobile read and maybe they'll take
notice!
I did!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
Don't forget to tell them where you heard about the Reader first... Mobileread of course
Now that, I did do.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
maccoul
maccoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I gave them mostly high marks except for a complaint about the ebook store.
maccoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I told them there's a defect with their survey. You can't both indicate your level of satisfaction and make a comment. That's silly!
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

notice!
I did as well as ability for TOC in RTF.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Added about the poor fitting cases and possible a small program to create native doc with pic,TOC with links and simple text.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #14
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
I told them #1 was screen contrast. Other than that, I said for improvements:
- PDF handling - zoom, file names
- descriptions of each book (e.g., book jacket info) on the Reader
- collections able to be identified on the memory card
- be able to delete books from the device
- optional backlight
- add a wish list to the store
- add reference titles to the store, e.g., language books, Bible, Shakespeare, etc.
- add more NYT bestsellers

Betty in NJ
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyE
- add reference titles to the store, e.g., language books, Bible, Shakespeare, etc.

Betty in NJ
Having reference titles would be useless without a decent search facility. Very few people want to read the Bible, or Shakespeare, from start to finish - you want to go to a specific place to look something up. A search facility, plus pictures in RTF files, are my primary "wants".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote